VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have hundreds of small SRT files that I want to translate into multiple languages (one language at a time is fine). I found the program "Subtitle Edit" which I'm finding handy to translate these files using Google Translate... but translating 1 file at a time is going to take me a very long time... 500+ files X 20+ languages = a lot of repetition!

Does anyone know a way to "batch" translate several SRT files to a specific language quickly?

I thought maybe the "Batch Convert" tool in Subtitle Edit might be the answer, but it looks like that's more for converting to different file types, and doesn't look like it's tied into Google Translate.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Rob.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Some more information...

My videos are all screenshot type video tutorials, made in Camtasia Studio. I use Google Translate to translate the SRT files, and Amazon Polly to get the audio of the new language... then I replace the SRT file and audio file with the new translated files, make any adjustments to the timeline if necessary, then I have a fully translated video.

So I'm basically looking at ways to streamline this process... and if I could batch translate many SRT files at once, that would be a huge timesaver!

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This has been recommended in past posts https://sourceforge.net/projects/translator-srt/
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote