VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi friends! My Sony DSR11 player automatically stops and rewind upon scene changes where there are some noise between the scenes. This means that I need to monitor the transfer constantly having a finger on the Play button, pressing it quick for the tape to continue if it stops. There are no "stop on dropped frames" or other similar software parameters enabled in Scenalyzer. After being rewound, the player automatically restarts the tape and this could go into a never ending loop. I would like the DSR11 to play the full tape without any stops until the tape end. Also I'd like the DSR11 not to restart automatically, only after pressing the Play button.

I have googled these problems but can't find anything explaining how to fix or make a workaround to these problems.
    Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It sounds like you have the Auto Repeat function switched on.
    On the back of the machine, next to the DC In plug, is an On/Off switch labelled AUTO REPEAT. If it's On switch it to Off and try again. That should solve the problem.

When On, the function will rewind the tape at:
    1. The end of tape
    2. A blank portion of tape (probably what you're experiencing) or
    3. An index point.

BTW this question finally motivated me to re-register here! For a long time I have forgotten my details, so I have now re-registered.
    Rod
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Excellent Rod, Thanks!!!
    This was the solution, I never saw that switch that was obviously there all the time...
    Would you by any chance have a solution to my other problem: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/385684-Canopus-ADVC-300-hangs-and-must-be-restarted ?
    Best Regards
    Sven
    Quote Quote