VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My UHD Blu-Ray copy of Top Gun Maverick arrived and I wanted to append the IMAX Countdown sequence to the beginning of it as in theaters before adding the raw file to my Home Theater PC NAS. I have the MakeMKV rip of the UHD Top Gun disc, and I also have the raw MKV of the IMAX countdown sequence I got online. The problem is that it is not as simple as appending one MKV to the other in MKV Tool Nix as they have different tracks and contents. Is there any way to accomplish this without transcoding the film? If that is required then I'd rather not do it at all since I don't want to lose quality over this.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's possible to make an mkv that plays other mkvs using "ordered chapters". Not all players support that feature, but it would be the most elegant solution.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Luke M View Post
    It's possible to make an mkv that plays other mkvs using "ordered chapters". Not all players support that feature, but it would be the most elegant solution.
    Thanks, that sounds like a great thing to try. Do you know what software would allow me to make that file?
    Quote Quote  
  4. UPDATE: I found another way to solve the problem which is to add "Part 1" to the title of the intro sequence and "Part 2" to the movie and it loads each MKV separately, for anyone else who might run into this
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Guphanti2 View Post
    Originally Posted by Luke M View Post
    It's possible to make an mkv that plays other mkvs using "ordered chapters". Not all players support that feature, but it would be the most elegant solution.
    Thanks, that sounds like a great thing to try. Do you know what software would allow me to make that file?
    Should be able to do it with mkvtoolnix (chapter editor). Might take some time to figure out though!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Guphanti2 View Post
    UPDATE: I found another way to solve the problem which is to add "Part 1" to the title of the intro sequence and "Part 2" to the movie and it loads each MKV separately, for anyone else who might run into this
    I'm confused, what is loading what?
    Last edited by Luke M; 1st Nov 2022 at 23:09.
    Quote Quote