VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I tried installing the latest version of DaVinci Resolve, but it wouldn't run, giving me a message about my graphics drivers being outdated (as far as I can tell, it's up to date, but I have an older graphics card, and an integrated one at that). I tried installing Resolve 17.4.2.8, which likewise gave me a warning about outdated graphics drivers, but did run in a mode that disabled using the GPU. Unfortunately, trying to actually use it to edit video always causes it to instantly crash.

Does anyone know what the latest version of Resolve is that is likely to be able to run smoothly and without problems on my hardware? Here are my specs:

Operating system: Windows 10 64bit
    CPU: Intel Core i7 4790 (quad core)
    GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600
    RAM: 32 GB of DDR3
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't use DaVinci Resolve. My editing needs are very basic. However, I decided t look around and see what I could find out about its hardware requirements, Based on what I have been reading, I don"t think that Intel HD Graphics 4600 alone is enough for any version of DaVinci resolve. You should consider adding a discrete graphics card with 4 GB VRAM for editing HD or 8 GB VRAM for editing 4K. I found a post in a Reddit thread referencing DaVinci Resolve 15 that recommended something like a GeForce GTX 1050 at a minimum.

You might try looking around at pugetsystems.com for more information. I found this is for Da Vinci Resolve 18: https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-DaVinci-Resolve-187/H...ecommendations
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I don't use DaVinci Resolve. My editing needs are very basic. However, I decided t look around and see what I could find out about its hardware requirements, Based on what I have been reading, I don"t think that Intel HD Graphics 4600 alone is enough for any version of DaVinci resolve. You should consider adding a discrete graphics card with 4 GB VRAM for editing HD or 8 GB VRAM for editing 4K. I found a post in a Reddit thread referencing DaVinci Resolve 15 that recommended something like a GeForce GTX 1050 at a minimum.

You might try looking around at pugetsystems.com for more information. I found this is for Da Vinci Resolve 18: https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-DaVinci-Resolve-187/H...ecommendations
    Thank you for the information.
    Quote Quote