VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search PM
    I need advice on how to efficiently clean the heads of this camcorder. I don't have the cleaning tape and it's quite difficult to get to the head of it.

Does anyone have this model? Some usage and care suggestions, I appreciate it!

[Attachment 64747 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by Caius; 10th May 2022 at 19:22.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You will this to clean. Each time just play about 10 seconds. Other brands like JVC or Sony are just fine.

It's not advisable to record video on mini DV tape. It's an obsolete technology. Its main purpose now is for playback/converting from mini DV tape to digital file. Panasonic is not going to repair even if you are willing to pay a high price.
    Last edited by pchan; 11th May 2022 at 08:47.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    You will this to clean. Each time just play about 10 seconds. Other brands like JVC or Sony are just fine.

It's not advisable to record video on mini DV tape. It's an obsolete technology. Its main purpose now is for playback/converting from mini DV tape to digital file. Panasonic is not going to repair even if you are willing to pay a high price.

Do you have this model??? I need to get the drum head to clean it manually, because there is fungus stuck in this bearing, it won't come out with any cleaning tape.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can get it from Amazon.
    Quote Quote