VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello

I have recently started to transfer some of my very old VHS recordings ont o DVD-ram on my panasonic stand alone recorder. I then put them ont the PC for further editing and then onto DVD. All is fine except one or two of the recordings have a slight tint to the picture usually a pale greenish or blue or brown ( probably due to age of the film etc) and i would like to remove the colour tints altogether bringing it back to true black and white.

The films are on the PC in Mpeg 2 format so is there a programme i can use to do the job ?

that is both quick and very simple to use

much obliged

smithy20
    Quote Quote  
  2. Not without re-encoding to mpeg2 again.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi

I'm interested in knowing a solution to this problem as well. I have home video footage which I'd like to restore from its heavy blue tint. Hopefully this message will revive the topic and receive more input. Is there some way of sampling the colour tint and then filtering or masking the colour to get a corrected end result?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Groami Geistalt
    I'm interested in knowing a solution to this problem as well. I have home video footage which I'd like to restore from its heavy blue tint. Hopefully this message will revive the topic and receive more input. Is there some way of sampling the colour tint and then filtering or masking the colour to get a corrected end result?
    I actually use some hardware to correct this problem.

I have an older Sony XV-5000W Video color corrector that only has RCA video inputs, but it is great for simple color corrections from VHS and for converting a movie to true black and white.

It is connected this way:

VHS => XV-5000W => Panasonic DMR-ES10 => PC (ATI AIW) or ADS Pyro A/V link

If I cannot capture the source again I use TMPGEnc Xpress or VirtualDub MPEG filters to correct the problem. These situations require re-encoding as Barnabas stated.

I think the faster method is to use TMPGEnc Xpress.
    Quote Quote