VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Are you subscribed to a music download service or satellite radio?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So do you subscribe to a download music service like yahoo music or napster? Or do you subscribe to Satellite radio like Sirius or XM?

I resigned up with yahoo music to go service so I can transfer my subscription songs to my iriver t30. I like it. I can grab any song on their catalog I want. And if I want to buy it to burn to cd its 80 cents instead of the normal $1 without a subscription.

Though one idea intriuges me. One of the two satellite radio companies has an mp3 player that receives the radio stations AND RECORDS to the unit. Now can that recorded file be ported back to your desktop? Is it encrypted? Can you play it back as many times as you want? What quality is it recorded at?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nope, never have done and never will do so.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I don't, I haven't, and I probably won't. I just don't listen to music very often.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Regular free FM/AM radio, maybe some CDs. I maybe buy 2-3 CDs per year at most, usually from a discount place online (new) or eBay/Half/Amazon (used) . Most of the music I liked I've owned on disc for almost 10 years now.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've had a CD player for over 20 years and have hundreds of discs. I don't need radio that rarely plays anything worth hearing, or that they haven't played a thousand times before. I've never downloaded anything. If I want a CD I buy it from Amazon marketplace or Half.com.
    Quote Quote  
  6. XM rules
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    All my friends have teenage sons or daughters. All my friends' teenage sons or daughters download music on their fathers' computers. All my friends' computers are usually crapped up because of the downloaded spyware that music downloads ALWAYS ram down your throat and computer. Music downloads always come at a price, hours of trying to sortout your, or your friends' computers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cyflyer
    Music downloads always come at a price, hours of trying to sortout your, or your friends' computers.
    Ahem.... not "legal" downloads you know
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately, kids, and others, doing these downloads don't distinguish between legal and not legal.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Bought the New Trailblazer and it has XM. Will sign up for the year once my 3 months free are up...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MJA
    XM rules
    Quote Quote  
  12. Sirius here... Never bought even one music track of the big boys, don't intend to. They don't have the music that I do listen to.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sirius.
    Quote Quote  
  14. The free Sirius channels that come with Dishnetwork. The Music only channels are what I get. No talk radio channels.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Rhapsody
    A man walked into his son's room and said..."Son, that will cause blindness."
    The boy said, "Dad, I'm over here."
    Quote Quote