VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. Hey everyone,

First things first, I have NOT upgraded Xpress beyond version 3.0.2, so I still have the ripper. If anyone needs the .exe file for it, just PM me.

I have been having problems with VOBrator and IfoEdit for a little while now. Everytime I rip a dvd with Xpress, whether it be in normal mode or the entire disc, I keep getting blank, black screens when I use either program. Maybe I'm just an idiot and can't remember how to use them correctly, so would someone please refresh my memory. Thanks.
    PAIN IS TEMPORARY, PRIDE IS FOREVER!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Blank black screens where? You mean in IFOEdit where you try to preview and you get black or grey screens?

IFOEdit has decided to misbehave for me, too. It now no longer remembers the last directory I loaded or saved from, even if I haven't closed it. It always wants me to redirect to the directory it loaded a file from, always starting in My Documents. It used to only do that before when it had been opened for the first time. My guess is it's probably something screwed in XP Service Pack 2 Beta. I know that the first delete you do in a Windows session under it is incorrect. The file takes forever to actually delete, if it ever does and usually requires a Refresh or retry of the delete. Plus, the Cut button on the Windows Explorer toolbar is still locking up if used with show common tasks in a folder if used, as it has been since SP 1 was released.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Has anyone tried to make backups of Disney dvds? I have tried to backup both Mulan and Brother Bear unsuccessfully. In both cases, the video was flawless, but the audio kept cutting out. It was like having a bad cell phone connection and only being able to hear every other word. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, just cut out the backup disclaimer.

Anyone with any ideas????
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by dbminter
    Blank black screens where? You mean in IFOEdit where you try to preview and you get black or grey screens?
    Yes, when I try to preview. I have ripped entire dvd's and the only screens that show up are from the Main Menu and the movie itself. I can't find any sign of the disclaimer or the FBI Warning, just blank black screens.

Oh yeah, and I don't have SP 2 yet, I'm still on SP 1.

Got any ideas??
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yeah, I had that recently. I rebooted and it displayed fine. For me, it was just a resources issue. But, if you get it all the time, it's probably a codec issue.

As for Disney DVD's, I did one last week. An older release, though. A Bug's Life. A pain because it insists on choosing either full or wide and you can only switch back and forth between them from the main menu, which won't load on its own.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you guys tried 321Gone?

I know it works with Xpress and it works with Platinum Simple Mode.

1 small .exe file. Just 2 clicks and it removes the DVD Backup screen (and I believe) the watermark as well. You just run it between Step 1 (ripping) and Step 2 (burning). The first time it will have you point it to DVD X Copy's temp directory, after that it will remember.
    (Tip = DVD X Copy sets up it's own temp directory in your personal temp directory. You can also change the directory DVD X Copy uses under Settings.)

http://psidoc0.tripod.com/321Gone.zip
    Nothing can stop me now, 'cause I don't care anymore.
    Quote Quote  
  7. No, I have not tried 321Gone. It sounds like I may be falling a bit behind. I guess I'll have to give it a shot and let you know what I think. Thanks for the tip.
    Quote Quote  
  8. please can you help

I tried deleting the video_ts.ifo file and copy and paste from the original disk, this burnt fine but won't play on my DVD player?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  9. I tried that once years ago but for a different reason, and, I don't think it works. I don't see how it can, actually. DVD X Copy alters the IFO's because it changes the way the disc works, including the VIDEO_TS.IFO file, since they added the logo.

You're better off just using IFOEdit to remove the logo.

BTW, anyone been by 321studios.com lately? Hold on to those installs. I've still got all of mine. They may become collectors' items. Although, I didn't get the RF versions, and, now they're not on the site. If anyone can direct me to where I can get them or want to e-mail them to me, please let me know... Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by dbminter

BTW, anyone been by 321studios.com lately? Hold on to those installs. I've still got all of mine. They may become collectors' items. Although, I didn't get the RF versions, and, now they're not on the site. If anyone can direct me to where I can get them or want to e-mail them to me, please let me know... Thanks!
    Yeah, I went there yesterday and all it said was that their products were no longer supported in the U.S. and to contact one of their foreign subsidiaries to get info. I have the install files for X Copy 1.5.2, X Copy Xpress 3.0.2 and the setup disc for X Copy Xpress 2.0.1. I'll have to check a couple of data discs I made awhile back, but I think I may have one of the first RF versions of Xpress (maybe version 3.2.5 or something close).

I'm not sure how we can use these to help unless the forum will let us post that we are willing to share through PM or something. Maybe we should check into that.

Let me know what you think.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    "2. Everyone talks about the "FREE SOFTWARE" out there that does everything this product is supposed to do. That free software is ONLY good for the die hard geeks who want to spend hundreds of hours downloading software, reading the GUIDES and waiting for the computer to complete the tasks.
    Wrong. It does not take hundreds of hours to download dvdshrink or dvddecrypter.

It is not hard in dvdshrink to say open disc, and hit the backup button. The program will even set the compression level itself. There is no need to change it unless you want to. You can remove audio choices if you want.

In dvddecrypter, all you have to do is hit the button in the center, and it will decrypt and rip the movie.

Dvddecrypter will even burn the disc for you if you want. How hard is that. No guide reading needed.....
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    > That free software is ONLY good for the die hard geeks who want to spend hundreds of hours downloading software, reading the GUIDES

Actually it's good for anyone with enough intelligence to find out how long it actually takes to download and use it. Fortunately no one is going to try to force you to do something you're not qualified for.

> and waiting for the computer to complete the tasks.

Darn- is there a program that does it without waiting for the computer to complete the tasks? I missed that one.
    Quote Quote