VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hello guys,
    I'm looking for an Avisynth command which equals a PAL-speedup. So not a real framerate conversion. For Changing the framerate Avisynth has many possible options such as
    "AssumeFPS", "Framerateconverter", "changefps" or "convertfps" but none of those fit for my purpose.
    To explain it a bit more: if I do a speedup from 23.976 to 25.000 I always use the "ChangeFPS" function in tsmuxer for it. It works pretty fast and does exactly what I need.
    For a particular project I need a command which acts exactly like this to include it in my avisynth script.
    Does something like this exist ? I couldn't find anything.
    Thanks in advance for your suggestions
    -Gwar
    Quote Quote  
  2. The AviSynth PAL speedup command is "AssumeFPS(25)".

Why you would think otherwise is beyond me. When you use AviSynth, of course you have to do a full reencode.

I have no idea what changefps in TSMuxer does as I've never used that program. In AviSynth ChangeFPS(25) doesn't do the speedup, but only adds one duplicate frame every second.
    Quote Quote  
  3. well there has to be a difference between AssumeFPS(25) in AviSynth and "ChangeFPS" in tsmuxer.
    For example when I encode a video to 23,976 with Avisynth and after that speed it up to 25 with "ChangeFPS" in tsmuxer it plays fine and smooth.
    If I encode it to 25 directly by adding AssumeFPS(25) to my Avisynth script it plays with a bit of stuttering
    Quote Quote  
  4. It is like manono said. If you see stuttering it's not from AviSynth's AssumeFPS(). It's one of the most simplest filters.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Gwar View Post
    If I encode it to 25 directly by adding AssumeFPS(25) to my Avisynth script it plays with a bit of stuttering
    What's your complete AviSynth script that creates this stuttering? Please provide an untouched sample of your source.

Of course, one might also wonder why anyone would want to change from the correct speed to begin with, if he didn't have to (like for PAL broadcast). Even PAL DVDs don't require that the video be speeded up, although they usually are.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Gwar View Post
    well there has to be a difference between AssumeFPS(25) in AviSynth and "ChangeFPS" in tsmuxer.
    For example when I encode a video to 23,976 with Avisynth and after that speed it up to 25 with "ChangeFPS" in tsmuxer it plays fine and smooth.

Avisynth's AssumeFPS and TSMuxer's ChangeFPS do the same thing when applying a PAL speedup. The total number of frames remains unchanged. In both cases the frames just go by a little faster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks for the explanation guys. I looked further in my script yesterday and just found out what causes the problem.
    I accidentally tried to convert "ntsc_video" with TFM().TDecimate() which didn't make sense. That script was meant to be for my "ntsc_film" conversion only.
    Quote Quote