VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have Vegas Pro 8.0b and Architect 5.x..

I cant figure out how to generate from (any) video source, a file that architect can take that wont need recompression?

Architect will not need to recompress m2ts files from my canon hf10, but if i take say my mpeg mov files from my panasonic (1280x720 at 30p original) which i have converted to mpeg2, it always says it needs to recompress.

I convert those movs to mainconcept mpeg2 m2t files, set at 1920x1080@60i.. this res matches the bluray template i'm using in Architect..

Is there another setting or file extension i must use, so i can basically get the movs rendered to another format and then not need to re-render in DVD-A?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sorry that I'm unable to help with your problem, however I just had to ask, have you successfully authored any Blu-ray discs with menus from your HF10 footage?

I'm a long time Vegas 7/DV camera owner looking to upgrade to 8 Pro/DVD Architect Blu-ray update and possibly a Canon HF11 camcorder so I'm ultra keen to hear your thoughts on the experience!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have authored some bluray titles..

I'm mainly using ImageMixer that came with my canon as of now.. at least only on those video clips..

I still will use Sony Vegas Pro 8 to do the mov conversions (or sony 9 due out soon)..

Here is a post breaking down some of the tools i've tried (note: there may be an issue with using imagemixer and editing the m2ts file and then porting that to dvd architect, i have to verify this soon):

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=14322602#post14322602
    Check out my Editing thread post located here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=14322602#post14322602
    Quote Quote