VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Oookaaayy. I have a Sony DVP-S330 DVD/CD/VCD player and a Phillips blah-blah-something-or-other CD burner. I downloaded a music video and the sample VCD file from this site, followed the instructions for creating a VCD with Nero, and popped it into my DVD player. It spins for a few seconds, and then a little message pops up on the LED saying there's no disc in the player. In other words ... HHAAAAAAALLPP!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What color was the cd
    Quote Quote  
  3. >What color was the cd

Silver on top, blue on bottom. Are you saying I need some special kind of CD?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you check under "DVD Player compatibility list" in the "other" section of this website you can check which CD-R will work on your player. For example with your Sony, only silver reflective layers will work.
    Quote Quote  
  5. >If you check under "DVD Player compatibility list" in the "other" section of this website you can check which CD->R will work on your player. For example with your Sony, only silver reflective layers will work.

Okay, I honestly know less than nothing about all this. Are the silver reflective CDs common, or do I have to go someplace totally off the wall to get them? Do I have to have a special burner for silver CDs?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, they are pretty common. Go to your local dealer and ask him. He'll know what you are talking about. No, you don't need a special burner for these discs. The CD-R's are basically the same, just the reflective layer and the dye are different....it's still a CD-R
    Quote Quote  
  7. No special burner needed for silver cdrs. The reason we are asking is that some DVD players will only read certain brands, colors of cdrs. Some won't read them at all. I've actually found that silver cdrs are relatively cheap. In fact, I bought a generic 100 pack for 20 USD (U.S. Dollars) off of ebay. Of course my DVD player is not very choosy about what I put in it. So do what aldus said and check for you DVD player on the list on this site and it will tell you what it can do and may have other people's review on the player.
    Quote Quote