VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm interested in this Canon ZR 500 which can record true 16:9 format (not HD though). I just want to know if I can transfer the video to my DVD recorder and played with the correct wide format. Because everytime I record 16:9 format TV programs from the cable box to PC, the picture is squeezed to 4:3. I correct that using TmpgencPlus to re-stretch. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can also try ifoedit to set the correct aspect ratio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by edong
    I'm interested in this Canon ZR 500 which can record true 16:9 format (not HD though). I just want to know if I can transfer the video to my DVD recorder and played with the correct wide format. Because everytime I record 16:9 format TV programs from the cable box to PC, the picture is squeezed to 4:3. I correct that using TmpgencPlus to re-stretch. Thanks.
    It should. Just use the firewire connection from the recorder to the cam. The reason why your computer records widescreen in 4:3 is because your receiver needs to be set to output 16:9. Some receivers are not able to send 16:9 video through svideo or composite cables. Many receivers automatically default to 4:3 when you output signals through that connection.

If you use firewire or USB from your recorder to your cam you should be ok. Remember to set the recorder to record 16:9 tho'.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an older Canon ZR-series camcorder and my Pioneer DVD reecorder automatically recognizes the 16:9 format when importing via either the DV link or S-video from the camcorder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The camcorder should flag as 16:9 if you shoot in that mode. If you maintain 16:9 to the DVD, it will play 16:9 out the DVD player with an option for 4:3 letterbox.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!