VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tmpgenc does this well IF it will load the video. It frequently craps out, saying the video is unsupported. Mpeg-VCR worked for me last time, after tmpgenc failed on the same movie.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    do you know where I can get these programs clydesdale?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I really like your system for converting PAL to NTSC, but when i tried it I was not able to get av synch after remuxxing the ntsc audio and video, even though when played separately they were both 1:03 minutes. After trying the process exactly 3 times I finally realized that I was not checking the box in BeSweet that says SSRC-downconvert sample rate. So, after I did this, it took 13 minutes to encode 1 minute of audio, which didn't even end up playing. I then found out that my original sample's audio was 41000kbps and when SSRC is checked, it wants to downconvert it to 48000. I guess this is not possible, so what should I do?

-btw, the audio was playing about 5 seconds late on the muxxed ntsc movie.

Another question. I have got movies in the PAL format and they are 480X576. The problem is that I want it to be 720X480 NTSC and this method only allows it to be 480X480, which is a PAL dimension. The reason I want 720X480 is so I can easily open it with a program such as TMPGEnc DVD Author and convert the files to .VOB for easy burning.

I am most appreciative to anyone who can help.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have tried this tutorial about 6 times now on 3 different SVCDs.

Every time I get to the last step where I multiplex the NTSC output video and the NTSC output .mp2, it says the mp2 stream is an illegal mpeg audio stream.

What gives?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have tried to do this with 3 different mpegs. The problem I'm encountering is when I go to transfer the video stream from PAL to NTSC. What is frameserve? I take the file and try to run it through DVD2AVI, nothing ever happens; the program sits and looks at me. I've heard that you can use AVISYNTH to do frameserve with but I can never seem to get the options correct. Any help would be appreciated.

Help,
    Foster
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have the same problem as a couple of the people here. Everything goes fine until the last step, multiplexing the .m2v and the .mp2 file. I get the error "illegal mpg stream" for the .mp2 file. I also the multiplex tab under mpeg tools. When I add the .m2v file, it enters both an audio portion and a video portion, even though I know the .m2v file has no audio. Does anyone know what this means? Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hello, I was having the same problem with tmpgenc giving me illegal audio error message. I think I figured it out. When you convert the audio in besweet it gives it a name of .mp2-new. I renamed it and took out the -new and it works. Hope this might help someone else.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Sorry for my last post after re checking my steps it didn't work, my bad Sorry. I hope someone else might come up woth a solution.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hello again, I finally figured it out. I should have looked at the besweet log file a little better. No matter what settings I used/changed I couldn't get it to make a mp2 only mp3. Instead of using toolame in besweet I switched to mp2enc and it worked. It made a mp2 and NO more illegal audio in tmpgenc. Hope this helps someone else. I haven't burned it yet but I have my fingers crossed.
    Quote Quote  
  10. im on the last step of this guide i am trying simple multiplex the ntsc video i just made and the ntsc audio i made with besweet when i vtry to load the mp2 that i made with besweet it tells mt its an illegal audio format stream or something l,ke that any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  11. hello uketena,

When you use besweet where it say toolame (mp2) click on the word toolame and it will change to mp2enc and use that instead of toolame. When I did that tmpgenc no longer gave me illegal audio. I also changed some settings. Click on lame1 on the right side and uncheck alt preset. Also click on 2lame on the right side and you can change the audio bit rate to what you want I use 224. after you have everything the way you want click mp2 to mp2. Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was trying ths conversion method and I got in TPMGEnc Wizard it would not accept my .d2v made by DVD2AVI. I kept getting an error message.

Please let me know what could have went wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I discovered this excellent guide when I try point the guides in respond to a user's question. Never knew it existed.

Had to learned the hard way by myself thru trials and error for couple of months. Found this guide very similar to my homemade method. There are just three steps I'd do slightly differently.

I used VDubMod instead of DVD2AVI, before I frameserve, I select direct stream copy. When I get to the TMPGEncPlus part, instead CBR, I select CQ-VBR and set quality to 100, Min 300, Max 2520. The projected file usually exceed the original between 20 to 50%. I'd just click ok and proceed. The encoding would be in real time.(Atleast on my machine).
    The finished mpeg was extremely identical to the original, even better if I apply some filters with either VirtualDubMod or TMPGEnc itself.

The third difference of my method is, usually, I would use Besweet to do the job, but lots of time I still get audio sync problems. Then I would use the timewarp functon on Goldwave to adjust the time frame to match exactly with the video stream's duration. I only use the audio stream of the original mpeg as most of us knows TMPGEnc will mess it up.

I've done maybe a few dozens conversions so far, but from time to time I still get audio sync problems. Thats when it'll drive me nuts. Although I overcame those problems with a few sleepless weekends.

Regarding this guide, I think it should be bump every day. Since it seems people ask this conversion every day.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I've tried this guide to make a dvdpal to dvdntsc convertion of my sister's in law mariage and I have slow image and audio sync problems. I've tried another guide with avisynth - Video Standards Conversion (on the cheap) -and I have problems with it. Is there any reliable guide to convert DVD PAL to DVD NTSC?
    Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    okay i have a question on the guide used in this conversion. When frameserving with dvd2avi i previewed to see the info and it said aspect ratio 4:3, framrate 25.000fps, video type pal, frame type progressive..so when i take the d2v file to tmpgenc to be redone to ntsc i see video type interlaced and non-interlaced, do i keep the mpeg settings in the options as interlaced or the non interlaced(progressive). is it important to keep the frametype the same throughout?
    http://www.dondivamag.com
    :) This site is the Best thing since slice bread :)
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hey. I have followed this guide very closely and everything appears to be working great. However, I have a slight problem in that when I convert the audio from PAL to NTSC using BeSweet, the audio quality deteriorates to the point where I have some humming/squeeking/buzzing (general distortion) in the audio stream. I have checked the original audio stream and it crystal clear. Are there some settings I could use/change on the BeSweet GUI interface to correct this problem?

Please help,

Chris
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you using the latest version of BeSweet?

If your audio source is compressed, which I assume it is, then try decompressing it first. Basically run two passes in BeSweet. First export to wav and then encode to AC3 or whatever, and in that last encode use the regional conversion option.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Thanks for your reply. However, it appears that by simply changing the audio output from stereo to dual-channel has solved the problem! This guide is fantastic by the way and hs saved me a lot of headaches. I will be sure to try your method in the future if I have any further difficulties.

Thanks again,

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  19. When undertaking the second last step, is there any reason to change the field order? TMPGEnc detects the field order from the .dv2 file as B frame. If I am now converting the file from PAL to NTSC should I change the order to A frame? Are PAL and NTSC sources encoded with distinct field orders? Should I just leave it as TMPGEnc has determined the field order to be?

Any help would be appreciated,

Chris
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Anything can have either A or B field order (also called top field vs bottom field, or even v. odd field). Its not limited to regional format or anything like that, but it only applies to interlaced footage. It is the order of the fields. If your source is progressive then it has no fields, or more specifically, both fields are played at the exact same time.

If you are following this guide and converting from 25fps to 23.976fps then your source must be progressive. If its interlaced you either have to deinterlace first and slow it down to 23.976fps, or you must take a totally different approach and physically telecine it to 29.97fps interlaced.

In short, if you are otherwise having success with this guide then it means your PAL source is progressive, and thus the field order setting does absolutely nothing.

As an added precaution, try enabling the deinterlace filter in TMPGenc and then double click on it. Select even/odd field (field) and scroll through your movie. If it appears nice and smooth then your field order is correct, or in this case it most likely means that field order is of no concern since your source is progressive. If you get jumpy picture then it means that your field order is incorrect, which in turn probably means that your source was in fact interlaced. After confirming that everything is ok, make sure that you deactivate the deinterlace filter again.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey guys im having an audio sync problem after i have done the whole process...how can i fix it?...also the audio is waaaaaaaaaaay to low....
    i tried to change the output as Assgoblin sayd..but i cant find the option on besweetgui... im usen v0.7 b4
    Quote Quote