VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I made a DVD movie and added a few photos at the end of it. The photos at the end of the movie didn't really look that hot compared to the way they look as a plain photo. They looked somewhat grainy in the movie.

The photos by themselves are 10 mega pixels with a width of 50.667 inches and a height of 38 inches with a resolution of 72 pixels/inch.

What settings should I use on the photo before I import it to the film and make the DVD movie.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your authoring program will resize them for you, but if you want complete control then you should resize them to DVD compliant resolutions.

PAL 16:9 - 1024 x 576
    PAL 4:3 - 720 x 576
    NTSC 16:9 - 848 x 480
    NTSC 4:3 - 720 x 480

Better yet, if you have a recent version of Photoshop, use the built-in templates for your format (PAL or NTSC) and let Photoshop deal with the non-square pixels issues for you.

Remember though - DVD is low resolution, standard definition - your photos will never look as good encoded as DVD video

(These are 1:1 PAR resolutions. Your authoring tool will resize them fit the 720 x 576 or 720 x 480 video resolutions of DVD - hence the suggestion of using photoshop's templates)
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your restricted to the max resolution of you chose dvd format ... click "what is > dvd"

You may author a dvd and include another directory such as Picture ...

Dvd contains the following directory structure

Audio_ts
    Video_ts
    Picture

It'll need to be burn using imgburn ... how or if it works on any given home dvd player is unknown ... you can try.

To view the photo's you would use the home dvd players explorer interface as used for navigating data discs ... well mine dose
    Quote Quote  
  4. BJS,

I'm not sure I completely understand you but I'm just including the photos in the movie itself and then increasing the length of time the photo is shown inside the film, then running transitions and psychedelic video effects on those photos. It comes out pretty cool with the music and everything. But yeah, I haven't actually run it on the dvd player yet. But it is included inside the VOB file so I don't see why it wouldn't run.
    Quote Quote