VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I want to know if you know about such tool?
    I know I probably can use mkvtoolnix to split the mka to certain time and join the same way but there is time loss in extracting the ac-3 from the mka, so, probably there is a tool to do this?

I don't want to re-encode the files as I would be lossing quality no matter what bitrate I set.

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. There's besplit, but it's a command line thing. There may be a GUI for it (Audio Cutter maybe?). Someone else might know.
    Quote Quote  
  3. but there is time loss in extracting the ac-3
    this might be an issue that should be reported to the author of mkvtoolnix,... (never noticed this when splitting and merging files that contain ac3 audio,..)
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  4. I got MeGUI to split and join an MP3 to see how besplit works. MeGUI has an audio cutter, but it's not really what you need (I doubt) as it's designed to split and join audio based on video frame numbers, which it translates to times for the command line. Anyway... looking at the command lines MeGUI used to split an MP3 into sections and then append some of them into a single mp3 again, besplit is a command line nightmare. I'd rather do it with MKVToolNix.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    but there is time loss in extracting the ac-3
    this might be an issue that should be reported to the author of mkvtoolnix,... (never noticed this when splitting and merging files that contain ac3 audio,..)
    I thought he/she meant after splitting and appending audio files with MKVToolNix, it takes time to extract the raw audio from the MKV/MKA again.
    That's how I interpreted it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. ah, okay, I thought that some of the ac3 data would get lost when using mkvmerge
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote