VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Several years ago I tried to download an old version of the Freemake Video Converter, from an old version site online. The install failed at the very last moment and I ended up with the very latest version of the software instead.

Someone said it sounds like I have a "Freemake Homing Bug" of some kind lodged in my windows 7 pc, which is causing the update to the latest version(?)

I have an old version of the software preserved on a data disc, (dvd) ; it is a version I know I can trust but I am afraid to try and load it, in case it banishes the current version and updates me to the very latest version, which costs and which I definitely Dont Want!

Can anyone shed more light on what exactly this "Homing Bug" could be and how should I go about removing it from my pc,? Please give step by step details since I am not technically savvy.

Note: It is not possible to install Freemake softwares with the internet disconnected - a message pops up insisting that the internet must be turned on!
    Quote Quote