VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This is something I have been trying to figure out for a long time. I burn about 100 DVDs per day of ISO files using a PC at work that has 12 (yes 12!) internal DVD burners. However, I can only burn using 4 of the drives at the same time. If I attempt to go over 4 at the same time, many of the burns will fail. I am just using Windows Disk Burner (right click -> burn ISO to disk). I'd love to be able to use more than 4 of the burners at the same time but I cannot figure out a way how. I know many burning software apps can burn to multiple drives at the same time, but only if its the same file to each drive. In my situation, each disk is a separate ISO file.

I've tried opening multiple instances of ImgBurn and AnyBurn, but this doesnt work. ImgBurn immediately freezes if I attempt to open more than 2 instances and same with AnyBurn. Anyone know a possible solution to this dilemma or is it just impossible?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Manulis View Post
    This is something I have been trying to figure out for a long time. I burn about 100 DVDs per day of ISO files using a PC at work that has 12 (yes 12!) internal DVD burners. However, I can only burn using 4 of the drives at the same time. If I attempt to go over 4 at the same time, many of the burns will fail. I am just using Windows Disk Burner (right click -> burn ISO to disk). I'd love to be able to use more than 4 of the burners at the same time but I cannot figure out a way how. I know many burning software apps can burn to multiple drives at the same time, but only if its the same file to each drive. In my situation, each disk is a separate ISO file.

I've tried opening multiple instances of ImgBurn and AnyBurn, but this doesnt work. ImgBurn immediately freezes if I attempt to open more than 2 instances and same with AnyBurn. Anyone know a possible solution to this dilemma or is it just impossible?
    buy a dvd duplicator - https://www.amazon.com/Bestduplicator-BD-SMG-5T-Target-Duplicator-Support/dp/B005Q4M1O...SVTWRJ46GS86DS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like a interface or source drive limitation
    Many need a addon sata card. On usb-3 I routinely burn 4 discs at a time with imgburn without issue from my internal SATA SSD.
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Back in 2005, our production company had 2x 8-drive tower dvd/cd duplicators. After a year or so, the embedded OS in one tower went bad, but I was able to convert it to a Windows-based tower, using either Nero (the old, good one), or Cequadrat, or something similar. It did require creating an ISO first, and it wasn't at the time capable of different simultaneous burns from different ISOs, but I was able to consistently get 8x drives burning at 8x or greater speeds from one ISO using that setup with WinXP32, so would expect a lean mean current machine could do much better.

Scott
    Quote Quote