VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I had huge sync problems hardcode subtitles from a DVB video source with the easy to use VidCoder but it works perfect with Xmedia Recode. You can also adjust subtitle colors with Xmedia Recode.

Software required:
    Xmedia Recode

Open your video. My video source is a .ts file with srt subtitles extracted using ccextractor.
    Select Profile . I use the Apple - Ipad H264 as it will work on many devices.
    Set the Destination folder.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	xmedia1.png
Views:	4618
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	33011

Under the Subtitle tab Import the srt subtitle.
    Select the stream.
    Under Mode select Render. (Adjust the colors if you like)
    Click on the arrow to add the subtitle track.

Name:	xmedia2.png
Views:	5489
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	33009

Under the Video tab I usually change the Rate control mode to Constant Quality around 20-25. Higher value smaller file size but lower quality. Don't use Constant Quality value 0 as it will crash Xmedia Recode.
    Add the video to Queue.
    Encode.

Name:	xmedia3.png
Views:	4338
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	33010

Wait.

Name:	xmedia4.png
Views:	5495
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	33008

Play!

Name:	xmedia5.png
Views:	2454
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	33012
    Last edited by Baldrick; 21st Jan 2016 at 13:55.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I keep trying this but it's just not working for me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I just keep getting a message that says an error occurred when converting, but no clue as to what the error is.

EDIT: I figured it out. I was trying to set the Rate control mode to Constant Quality at 0 for the highest possible quality. That was the problem. 0 doesn't work. The minimum you can set it to is 1.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 21st Jan 2016 at 13:50.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    EDIT: I figured it out. I was trying to set the Rate control mode to Constant Quality at 0 for the highest possible quality. That was the problem. 0 doesn't work. The minimum you can set it to is 1.
    Adding it to the guide.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Adding it to the guide.
    Through further experimentation, it seems you can set it to 0 if Profile is set to High 4:4:4.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi...I managed to get subs hard coded into mp4 with XMedia, but there are now 2 video streams and mp4 file size has doubled. Anyone seen that ? What am I doing wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by photonak View Post
    Hi...I managed to get subs hard coded into mp4 with XMedia, but there are now 2 video streams and mp4 file size has doubled. Anyone seen that ? What am I doing wrong.
    I have never seen 2 video streams with xmedia recode hardcoding...but you can try remove one stream with mymp4boxgui (add mp4, remove video track, save and last mux).

Or try hardcode with Vidcoder.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Hi...I managed to get subs hard coded into mp4 with XMedia, but there are now 2 video streams and mp4 file size has doubled. Anyone seen that ? What am I doing wrong.
    I have never seen 2 video streams with xmedia recode hardcoding...but you can try remove one stream with mymp4boxgui (add mp4, remove video track, save and last mux).

Thanks...yes, I can remove one video file, but can't quite see how to do it MyMP4Box There should not be 2 video tracks, so XMR has some problem.
    Got the 2 tracks, going from avi to mp4 and hardcoding subs from .srt.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post

Even tried your exact ver of XMR and still getting 2 video tracks (double file size) Just tried Vidcoder - works OK Puzzled that you only had one video track in your demo, earlier in this thread.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by photonak View Post
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Even tried your exact ver of XMR and still getting 2 video tracks (double file size) Just tried Vidcoder - works OK Puzzled that you only had one video track in your demo, earlier in this thread.
    Well, did some testing of older versions. Seems that XMR ver 3.2.3.6 still creates only 1 video track inside the .mp4, but XMR ver 3.2.3.8 creates 2 video tracks. These tests were done with 32-bit versions, while rendering subtitles.

Hope the author is reading
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    i have a weird situation. i'm 99% sure this was working for me yesterday, but now today once i add the rendered subtitle track xmedia recode won't let me add the job to the queue. if i remove the rendered subtitle track then everything works fine. also, this is still working for me on my vista server, but it no longer works on my windows 7 server. i've tried restarting the application, restarting the server, reinstalling the application, etc. i even copied the application folder from the vista machine, but nothing seems to make this work on my windows 7 server. just to be clear, when i click the "add to queue" button for a job with a rendered subtitle track, nothing happens. i get no error message, and the queue is still empty. if i take the same job and remove the rendered subtitle track, then the "add to queue" button works fine. thoughts?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Assuming you're using current version of XMR, I cannot comment on your problem. - I can only say that problem I had with two video tracks has been fixed several versions later, but never mentioned in the change log. There has not been a new version of XMR in months. Not sure the author is doing much work on it. There are still anomalies in this app. Great tool all around, just needs final touches

Originally Posted by tjamesturner View Post
    i have a weird situation. i'm 99% sure this was working for me yesterday, but now today once i add the rendered subtitle track xmedia recode won't let me add the job to the queue. if i remove the rendered subtitle track then everything works fine. also, this is still working for me on my vista server, but it no longer works on my windows 7 server. i've tried restarting the application, restarting the server, reinstalling the application, etc. i even copied the application folder from the vista machine, but nothing seems to make this work on my windows 7 server. just to be clear, when i click the "add to queue" button for a job with a rendered subtitle track, nothing happens. i get no error message, and the queue is still empty. if i take the same job and remove the rendered subtitle track, then the "add to queue" button works fine. thoughts?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Assuming you're using current version of XMR, I cannot comment on your problem. - I can only say that problem I had with two video tracks has been fixed several versions later, but never mentioned in the change log. There has not been a new version of XMR in months. Not sure the author is doing much work on it. There are still anomalies in this app. Great tool all around, just needs final touches

Originally Posted by tjamesturner View Post
    it turns out this only happens when either the video or the subtitle file are on a network drive (e.g. \\media-server\pending_transcode) if i copy the video and subtitles to a local folder, then the problem goes away.

fyi: i used the latest version for both machines (3.3.5.8 for windows 7 and 3.2.7.1 for vista). thanks for pointing out the duplicate video track issue. that does seem to be an problem with the latest vista version of xmr (3.2.7.1).
    Last edited by tjamesturner; 16th May 2017 at 12:33. Reason: discovered reproduction steps
    Quote Quote