VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    Just purchased the DR-M10, and so far so good. A couple questions though, with the fact that I am making finalized dvd-r only:

1. On the Library Menu, I am trying to figure out the "Sort" option. Can someone explain to me what exactly this does?

2. The Modify Index - changing this does what? It looks like it just changes the thumbnail? Can these somehow show up on the finalized Menu screen?

3. I copy a 30 minute tape, stop the recorder, put another 30 minute tape in, and hit record again. This puts two entries on the Menu. Is there a way to set Chapter points on this, either during the recording, or after?

4. Any way to change the Menu background, and make the Menu show up on the screen automatically when inserting the disc? I have to hit Menu on the remote in order to get it to show up.

Sorry for so many questions. Just having a hard time figuring some of these things out.
    Quote Quote  
  2. The menu does not come up with a disc recorded on the JVC, stupid but that's the way they made it for some unknown reason. You cannot set chapters on a DVD-R, the recorder will add chapters about every 5 minutes when finalized. I don't know what the modify index does, never figured that one out myself.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sure it does. Hit MENU on the remote.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  4. He asked if there was a way to make the menu come up automatically, there isn't. Pretty dumb to me, just my opinion.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    read the question

Sure it does. Hit MENU on the remote.
    Image removed.
    / Moderator Cobra

he did it he did it

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning. This warning is for harassment of another user.
    / Moderator Cobra
    Quote Quote