VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I don't know if it on here but I am putting it here. I was trying to find a program that could do multiple video files and convert to MKV video files. I figured out how do to it with MKVToolnix.

To convert multiple files to MKV files using MKVToolNix do the following.

Start MKVToolNix
    Click on Multiplexer
    Drag the video files you want to convert to MKV into the Multiplexer.
    Then create a job output file by clicking on the Output button at the top of screen then click the add to job queue button at the bottom right of the screen. Then click OK, your first file should be added to the job queue.
    Then remove the file from the top of the screen by clicking on the red x. It should have the next file with the X red. So just add to the job queue.
    Then continue to do the same for all the remaining files.
    You can view the files to be converted by going to the Job Queue and then when in that area go to the top of the screen and select Start All Pending Jobs.
    After all the files are converted you can either quit the program or if you have more files you need to convert then go into the Job queue area and remove the ones that are completed.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Or use mkvmerge.exe in a batch file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    for me easiest way to do this is -> drag all files to mkvtoolnix icon, have it setup to open each file in different tab. Then go to menu Multiplexor, Action for all tabs, Start multiplexing... Done

Edit: + removing files from job queue can be done automaticaly when finished without problems

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 28th Oct 2018 at 17:11. Reason: Edit
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Not 'Latest News'. Moving to 'Newbie/General Forum.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    (1) Go to "mkvtoolnix GUI" in the top menu, then Preferences (or Ctrl+p), Multiplexer, and at the "Adding Files" drop-menus select "Always ask user" for all three options. Then save the changes.

(2) When you add/drop a bunch of files into the "Source files" section of the "Input" tab of the Multiplexer, a window with options will appear; there you select "Create new multiplex settings for each file", and wait while all the files load.

(3) When all the jobs (layers) have been created, go to Multiplexer on the top menu, then "Actions for all tabs" and select "Start multiplexing". Wait for the jobs to finish.
    Last edited by barmah; 7th Sep 2022 at 21:14.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @barmah
    Thankyou!
    I'm processing a bunch of files with too many sub streams and this fits the bill.
    Quote Quote