VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I wanted to make a little animation play when I click on a button that goes to a menu. I just found out that playlists don't accept menus only movies. So if I use a bridge to connect a playlist to a menu will the transition be instantaneous or will there be a long pause before the menu is reached?
    Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Shouldn't you be able to test this without doing a disc burn? Just set up the dvd the way you want and put in a short dvd compliant video as the main video for a temporary placeholder. Then author it as you would your normal disc. But author to the harddrive and don't burn it. Than play it in a software player.

If you still want to be a 100% certain your procedure works on a hardware dvd player burn your test disc to a dvdrw and then you can know for sure.

edit - as long as your temporary video is dvd compliant and small in file size it should take almost no time at all to author the dvd even on the slowest of computers.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Define what you mean by "long pause". Every transistion in a DVD will experience a "pause" as the head moves from one place on the disk to the next. Even commercial DVDs suffer this. A DVD with a good transistion will make it look somewhat invisible by starting the transistion with a frame or two from the last video it was on. If you watch transistions closely, you'll see what I mean.

Also know that a software player will perform a transistion much faster than a standalone DVD player, so "what-you-see" isn't truly "what-you-will-get".
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The pause will be about the same as going from a menu to a menu, which, as has been pointed out, varies from player to player.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote