VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I am trying to capture some video from a Hi8 tape and getting a blank area at the middle of the video. Can anyone help me about this problem?

Thanks.

Quote Quote  
  2. It might help if you gave some information about what hardware and software you are using.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using MSI FX5700 (VIVO) with WDM 4.05 capture driver and Ulead VideoStudio 11.
    Quote Quote  
  4. So every frame has that big hole in the middle? The same size and location? Do you see the whole image while previewing (without capturing)? Can you capture other sources? What compression codec are you using while capturing?

It might be a PAL/NTSC problem. Like you are capturing a PAL video but using NTSC settings. Or vice versa.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not every frame has this fault. Sometimes it appears for 1 minute and sometimes for 10 minutes. This whole image also appears during previewing. I am trying to capture the video as AVI but I have also tried other options of my software like MPEG2, DVD, VCD but it does not help.

It is not a PAL/NTSC problem cause I have already adjusted the software settings as PAL as my camera is PAL.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That's the MV detection kicking, the Nvidia Vivo cards do the same thing. You got two choices, the first may not work but for the Nvidia cards the drivers up to version 1.08 do not have any MV detection and your problem will magically disappear if you use them but they don't work nearly as well as the newer ones.. There may be equivalent for the MSI cards.

The other option is to get a "stabilizer" or TBC. There's really nothing else to do, been there done that.....

There's more info here: http://www.nepadigital.com/mv/
    Quote Quote