VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Anyone having problems loading cygwin1.dll in TSCV using Vista?

I am using TSCV v0.85 beta 1. I haven't used it in several years and I just got back onto making VCD again. Anyways, when I load cygwin1.dll in TSCV, I get an error "Wrong version. Please install VCDImager 0.7.7 or higher in the same directory." I did put cygwin1.dll in the same directory and same issue. I got cygwin1.dll version 1.5.18. Anyone else try it in Vista yet?

Getting disappointed more and more now in Vista. VCDEasy doesn't work in Vista either T^T. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried using any of the compatibility modes in Vista? I haven't tried those programs on vista premium yet.

However there are multiple "legacy modes" in vista. Your success rate may vary.

Another option is probably a virtual machine running a previous version of windows.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mrcoolekin
    Getting disappointed more and more now in Vista.
    I work in IT for a living. We don't support Vista where I work. We have no plans of any kind to support it in the future. We may never support it. I'll spare you my long story about how a simple memory upgrade on my friend's laptop forced me to have to do a complete reinstall of Vista. It is a complete piece of ____. A wise man once said never install a new OS from Microsoft until the first service pack comes out. Guess you learned the hard way that he was right.

Try running it in compatibility mode as yoda313 suggests, but don't be surprised if that fails.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98
    I'll spare you my long story about how a simple memory upgrade on my friend's laptop forced me to have to do a complete reinstall of Vista
    You see I don't get where all these upgrade horror stories come from on Vista. I have upgraded the memory (replaced both sticks), upgraded the video card, sound card, AND the processor all without a single complaint from VISTA.

I guess it just goes to show that it is all dependent on your personal experience. I really haven't had any complaints for VISTA. No more so than any usual computer hiccups you get from time to time. But those are few and far between.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Alright I downloaded VCDImage GUI version and got it to work. I did download VCDImage but it was the source and couldn't find the ddl for it. After noticing that there were 2 different links for it, I got TSCV working with VCDImage GUI version. What I tried to do was just use cygwin1.dll. TSCV wants the other files that uses it too. I think they were cygz.dll and cygxml2-2.dll. Of course I could be wrong cause I never tested it.

Anyways, I ran into several problems where TSCV couldn't find mpeg2enc, jpeg2yuv, and sh.exe. I got mpeg2enc and jpeg2yuv from GUIdvdauthor. For the sh.exe.....I just looked around the internet and found it....it's probably the wrong one cause I think there are different sh.exe files that execute different commands for different programs specified for it. But if it's not the case, then I really got luck on my side, lol.

If anyone has the "correct" files for TSCV, can you please upload it? I'll host it on my geocities. Noticed that this site doesn't host TSCV anymore.
    Quote Quote