VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there (sorry for my english)

here is my problem :

I have a movie on mkv (video /french language) but as it is a japanese movie i prefered the video quality of the blu-ray ripp with the original japanese language (from the dvd i bought).

so i extracted the audio from my dvd, and added it on the mkv.

there is a big delay.

the dvd and mkv movie seems same time on the video but when i looked at the last for each audio files i have the one from the MKV last 2h15min the one from the dvd last 2h10...

so the question is : is this delay is from a setting to do somewhere (or problem of bitrate differences with blu-ray and dvd?) or the mkv is longer version and the dvd normal version maybe?

any idea where the problem can come from?

thanks
    genesian
    Quote Quote  
  2. If they start in-sync but gradually divert it could be a symptom of PAL-Speedup.

So you either speed up the video fps to 25 fps (e.g. using mkvtoolnix) or slow down the audio (e.g. using eac3to "SOURCE" "OUTPUT" -25.000 -changeTo23.976).
    Quote Quote  
  3. ok thanks i'll try that
    Quote Quote  
  4. do i n eed to speed up the mkv video before adding my audio from dvd or it's not effect on the sound?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    If they start in-sync but gradually divert it could be a symptom of PAL-Speedup.

So you either speed up the video fps to 25 fps (e.g. using mkvtoolnix) or slow down the audio (e.g. using eac3to "SOURCE" "OUTPUT" -25.000 -changeTo23.976).
    do i need to speed up the mkv video before adding my audio from dvd or it's not effect on the sound?
    Quote Quote  
  6. If you change video fps in mkvtoolnix it doesn't affect the audio. So you can change video fps and add additional audio in a single step.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    If you change video fps in mkvtoolnix it doesn't affect the audio. So you can change video fps and add additional audio in a single step.
    i did what u said it's really better but still a small delay the video is a bit soon compared to the audio but it's regular during all the movie it seems...
    i'll try to see in VLC the delay. eac3to seems hard to use (cmd command)
    Quote Quote  
  8. i have a -0.800s delay in audio/video sync in VLC
    Quote Quote  
  9. Enter that as delay for the audio track in MKVToolNix GUI, mux again, and hopefully everything will be fine.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Enter that as delay for the audio track in MKVToolNix GUI, mux again, and hopefully everything will be fine.
    i tried to put -0.800 but it didn't want to mux (or demux? ) i tried 0,800 instead of a point...i'll see if it works

EDIT : didn't have sound anymore lol
    and the last of the movie instead of 2h14min52 sec is 1735h58 and 17s lol
    Quote Quote  
  11. MKVToolNix GUI expects milliseconds. Try "-800".
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    MKVToolNix GUI expects milliseconds. Try "-800".
    yes i thought the same, so i checked in vlc and it's in seconds so i tried -800. i'll check the final result
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    MKVToolNix GUI expects milliseconds. Try "-800".
    yipikaaaiii it works thank you very much

now another question i think i can add subtitles in this movie via mkvtoolnix right? in wich format? .srt? .ssa?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Mkvtoolnix supports a variety of subtitle formats, among them srt, ass/ssa, idx/sub (DVD), sup (Blu-Ray).
    Quote Quote  
  15. damn my french language wich was well set at the beginning now is delay lol and the japanese is good. i tried to find the delay in vlc but it's more than 42.500 and when i go to far in delay in vlc i don't have sound anymore...

i'll think i'll do two files one with french for mu brother who don't like subtitles and one for me...the harder will be to do all the subtitles in french lol

thanks for your help and time u took to answer me
    Quote Quote  
  16. Well, you didn't say you want Japanese and French.
    Of course if you make the video faster but the French audio stays the same they don't match each other anymore.

There is a quick but ugly "fix" for this using mkvtoolnix. I don't rrecommend it but in MKVToolNix GUI select the French audio and enter "24000/25025" into its "Stretch by" field (between delay and fps setting). Using eac3to is better.
    Quote Quote