VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been creating VCDs now for almost a year, and I've gotten to know TMPGEnc very well. Well I downloaded and installed 2.54 and used it to encode a video, it worked fine and everything was well. Then I went to cut it into two video's and that worked fine as well. But when i went to burn it with Nero 5.5 it shows up as being a file, not a movie file, or an MPG, or even a video clip, just file. I'm limited on CD-R's. So I tried to split it again, same thing happened. I decided to try my old version of TMPGEnc 2.02, and when I spilt it there I kept getting an error - Illegal MPG file. Now I encoded this myself, and there shouldn't be ANY problems with it. I'm going to try and burn the video and see if it works on my DVD player, but I can't even watch it on my Computer with the format that TMPGEnc spit out, so I doubt its going to work. I'm starting to think i'm going to have to re-encode with my old version of TMPGEnc, I never had problems with it.

IF anyone else has had this problem and knows how to correct it, it would be a HUGE help.

Thanks,
    Kat
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It must have been something you did, as the program works just fine. Did you load a VCD template ?

2.55 is now out
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I loaded it as NTSC Film, and the entire video is fine, I could burn it no problem - only it was too long and needed to be split, but its when I split it that there is a problem. I did split it as a MPEG-1 VCD, and the result of the split wouldn't work.

I decided to re-encode it with the older version and had no problems, it encoded fine like it did before, it split fine, and burned fine. I've been having nothing but problems with the new version. Before I tried it last night, I tried to encode a video, and it worked fine, as a MPEG file, but when I burned it and tried to watch it on my DVD player, it said it was a CD not a VCD, I've given up on the new version. I don't understand why its not working. I tried to use it many times, and it just keeps doing things wrong, and I know it isn't me.

I've read that other people are having problems with it, but they run Windows XP - I have ME. Oh well, guess I'll just stick to the old version. 2.02, it runs much better for me. Though it was nice to have the option to see how much time was left on the newer version.

Thanks,
    Kat
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are you definintely selecting VideoCD as the MPEG stream type when you cut/merge?

Sometimes I forget that - and TMPGEnc doesn't seem to remember the last stream type used for cut/merge.

Just a thought...

madaz!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Maybe you can merge with a other ptogram.

http://www.doom9.org/software.htm
    Quote Quote  
  6. Kat9119,

Try renaming the file with a .mpg extension. TMPGenc does not automatically put the .mpg extension in the output file.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    When people use a new version, they sometimes forget to set it up.

Now that the AVI is junk free, load into TMPGENC.
    2b Select options > environmental settings
    2c click the VFAPI plug-in tab
    2d right click the "DirectDraw" and select higher priority, do this several times until its at the top with a value of 4

By the way, why are you using "NTSC Film" not VCD NTSC ?

TMPGEnc V2.55 is out...
    Quote Quote