VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Good afternoon All!

It's been a while since I've been on the forum and it's grown so much since then so I hope I'm in the right section.

Anyway

I am currently using Pinnacle Studio Plus (version 10.5) and have a question about voice overs.
    I can do the voice overs fine but how do I take out the existing sound in the video clip so that all I hear is the voice over. I obatined the video clips (MPEG) from a camcorder if that helps. If this was something I missed in Pinnacle's help section, please let me know.

Thanks for the help...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VP,

I just started using Pinnacle Studio Plus 10.5. I have not been able to get a microphone to work for voiceovers. The computer senses the jack insertion, but I get no sound input.

I have been able to eliminate the audio track from my 8mm captures by bringing down the blue audio line in the soundtrack area just below the timeline.

Maybe this would work for you, and maybe you could give me a hint about the voiceovers.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you have windoz, try recording your voice over in the its recorder. Save it to a file you know, then go into your editing program and import it or open. Deaden the original. That might work for you.

Bunny
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To remove the original audio from the camcorder, lock the video track, select the clips you want to mute and click the trash can (or hit the delete key). You camera audio will be gone, but the video will remain.
    Phil

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    RRB,

Thanks for the voiceover advice. I will try that. A person at the local community access television station told me that he records all his voiceovers on a separate device and then imports them to his editing software, so your comment is similar to his. I wish I could make my Pinnacle do all its own work, though.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use about 4 programs, maybe more to do what one used to be able to do with "film" alone.
    Quote Quote