VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

I have been using Nero 6 for over two years now, and have had no problem burning CDs, DVDs and Capturing Video, through the "capture video to hard-drive option" in the Nero Vision portion of the program.

I've just purchased the New Nero Edition version 8.1.1.4, have removed the old version, and installed the new one successfully. I just want to capture video from my TV, (red-white-yellow chords going from back of VCR to back of my computer)

I noticed that I had to configure the video capture options, something I didn't have to do in version 6. I now have no sound coming through the program, and no sound on my recorded videos. Occasionally I'll get some crackles through my monitoring speakers, but that's all.

My wires, inputs and capture devices are working fine, as I can capture with my Sony Vegas OK, but don't use that program anymore, cause it drops too many frames. I'm using Medion MD 8383 computer with Medion (7134) WDM Video Capture Card)

So.. my first question is, how do I get the sound, as the "Audio Device Properties" button is grayed out, and what video format do I use, as Nero give me all these video options, which I no nothing about

Onform HD Video Codec v2.5
    Cinepak Codec by Radios
    DivX 6.6.1 Codec (2 Logical CPU)
    FM Screen Capture Codec
    Intel 4.2.0 Video V2.50
    Intel Indeo R Video R3.2
    Intel Indeo Video V4.5
    Indeo Video V5.10
    Intel IYUV Codec
    Microsoft MPEG-4 VKI Codec V1
    Microsoft MPEG-4 VKI Codec V2
    Microsoft MPEG-4 VKI Codec V3
    Microsoft RLE
    Microsoft Video 1
    XVid Mpeg-4 Codec
    DivX 6.6.1 YV12 Decoder

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Mark

Sydney

Australia
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have the same problem, except its even stranger. Once in nero vision i had sound but no video. then in every other program (pinnacle studio, virtual dub) I can have video, but no audio. It worked for meonce when I first got my computer and I deleted their crappy capture programs in favor of nero or studio, but now no audio. pm me if u figure it out ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. 99teggsr, I've sent a detailed description of the problem to Ahead in Germany. There was about five days silence, when I finally got a reply back, saying basically that they couldn't give a s**t about their Medion Customers.

They told me that they don't support the Medion (7134) capture card, and that they have no fixes for it. They advised me to look at their website to see what capture cards do work on their software.

This was quite breath-taking, when you consider that they expect you to rip apart your computer and put something else in, just to get their software working.

Their ultimate excuse was that they don't have the time to check their software with all the capture cards out there; (or just a case of lazy technitians in their testing department).

Anyway, enough of my ranting, the only way to fix the problem is to revert back to Nero 6.

Ahead Technologies wouldn't give my money back, so I got it back from Amazon. THANK GOD FOR AMAZON Where would we be without them.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Just a quick side note, Nero 7.5.1.1 doesn't work either, so it is a full restore back to Nero 6
    Quote Quote