VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello everyone,
    Im new here and I am looking for possible reasons my super 8 movie projector stutters on certain films.

I have a gaf 2588-z projector and a bunch of old home movies I would like to transfer to digital. I was able to do the first few with little problem. When i got to the reels of my kids 1st birthday the film started stuttering as if it wasnt catching the cog that drives it. The previous film was on a 6 or 8 inch spool. The birthday ones (3 of them) were on 4 inch reels. They are the only ones that stutter All the film is super 8.

My grandsons 1st birthday is next week and I was planning to show my sons 1st birthday movie at the party

Any help in solving this problem would be much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I might suggest putting the films that stutter, together on a larger reel..

hope this helps.
    Losing one's sense of humor....
    is nothing to laugh at.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Mikel,

Thanks for responding so quickly. I found a work around for the stuttering. If I position the control dial to not quite play, the film runs perfectly but the take up reel does not turn so I had to manually spin it to take up the slack,. A little annoying but did the job. The projectors drive belt broke just to make things more challenging. I Macgyver'd it with a rubber band from a broccoli bunch and it rand smooth and quiet. Got what I needed on digital.

Thanks again for your suggestion!
    Quote Quote