VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi CyberOtter, thanks for your comments.
    .MOV container was not available yet in Stream multiplex tab. I have added it in the beta below, you can try it and let me know.

https://drive.upm.es/index.php/s/cXjlM41CE5Zp14M/download

Just extract the two files on your installation folder (usually Program Files\Eibolsoft\FFmpeg Batch Converter) overwriting the current FFbatch.exe file.

There's a new wizard feature on this version, also still in beta.

Cheers

Originally Posted by CyberOtter View Post
    Hello Eibol, and first : thanks for the time you're spending on this project.

I'm quite interested in the stream multiplex tab of FFMPEG Batch, as I find it very easy to use.
    Still, I have a question :
    [Attachment 47468 - Click to enlarge]

MP4/MKV are the only containers displayed here. Is there any way to select "mov" ?
    If not, this is too bad, because .mov format is very flexible when working with multiple streams files. Way more than mp4, and it's a more "professional" format than mkv container.

Do you think you can add the option to use "mov" container in the Stream Multiplex tab ?
    But maybe I am missing something and it's already possible : its just that i can't find it

Thanks !
    Last edited by Eibol; 13th Dec 2018 at 10:07. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    This is excellent.
    Thanks for the (so fast!) response.
    I did try the muxing with .mov container, it works like a charm.

I also tried the new wizard function, and it's kinda cool, really easy to create basic new presets.

But now, i got another question for you, as the wizard made me think of that :
    Name:  FFmpeg preset wizard.png
Views: 2496
Size:  14.6 KB

In the preset wizard, container list is quite long
    I'm thinking that sometimes, I could maybe use remux with some of those containers, not available in the mux tab.

So my question : how difficult would it be to "allow" those containers in the mux tab ? Would it be complicated to implement ?
    Nothing serious or urgent here, but it could be useful, so i'm asking

Thanks again !
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Great everything seems to work fine.
    Adding new formats is actually an easy task, it's just I like to keep things "simple" for non-advanced users, since adding more containers increases the chance of mux failure due to codec/container incompatiblity.

Anyway I think it's fine to add more containers and let the users play with everything. Error information can be found on the Batch log file.
    I will add them in the next release, coming soon

Originally Posted by CyberOtter View Post
    This is excellent.
    Thanks for the (so fast!) response.
    I did try the muxing with .mov container, it works like a charm.

I also tried the new wizard function, and it's kinda cool, really easy to create basic new presets.

But now, i got another question for you, as the wizard made me think of that :
    [Attachment 47473 - Click to enlarge]

In the preset wizard, container list is quite long
    I'm thinking that sometimes, I could maybe use remux with some of those containers, not available in the mux tab.

So my question : how difficult would it be to "allow" those containers in the mux tab ? Would it be complicated to implement ?
    Nothing serious or urgent here, but it could be useful, so i'm asking

Thanks again !
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    You're probably right about the "simplified" menu for non-advanced users, to avoid any failure caused by the wrong container.
    I didnt think of that.

Maybe an alternative would be an "Advanced users" ticking box to check, which could give access to more containers.

Anyways, thanks for the reactivity: your program is really great, with functionalities I didnt find anywhere else (In GUI, i mean, cause i'm also using ffmpeg in CLI )
    So the fact the interface is well organized makes it even more simple.

Good job, looking forward to future improvements
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    New version 1.6.3

- New preset wizard for quick basic presets creation.
    - New selector for hardware video (GPU) decoding (-hwaccel).
    - Desktop capture now includes audio capture device.
    - More containers for Stream multiplex tab.
    - Faster preset testing and encoding start.
    - Fixed some random crashes.

[Attachment 47497 - Click to enlarge]

Installer:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFbatch_setup_1.6.3_x86.msi
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFbatch_setup_1.6.3_x64.msi
    Portable:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFmpeg_Batch_1.6.3_Portable_x86.exe
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFmpeg_Batch_1.6.3_Portable_x64.exe
    Last edited by Eibol; 14th Dec 2018 at 13:30.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    This is just an update version only (1.6.3.1) that needs full version 1.6.3 installed.
    Changelog:

Update only release (requires 1.6.3 installed) just to add the following languages to stream multiplex/batch subtitles tabs:

Armenian (arm)
    Bosnian (bos)
    Croatian (hrv)
    Macedonian (mac)
    Polish (pol)
    Serbian (srp)
    Thai (tha)
    Turkish (tur)
    Vietnamese (vie)
    Korean (kor)

https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFbatch_setup_1.6.31_update_only_x86.msi

https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFbatch_setup_1.6.31_update_only_x64.msi
    Quote Quote  
  7. I was super happy to find a software that supports m3u8 batch downloading...but there are a lot of problems.
    1. if i want to import m3u8 links from a .txt file every time I tried it doesn't recognize all the links inside.
    2.most times I can't paste an external link directly.very rarely does it work.
    3.I can't paste multiple links directly.
    4.I can't choose just to have the files merged and not need to re-encode them to mp4 or mkv.
    5.when it verifies a m3u8 link a lot of times time it finds for video length is not stable...some times it's 18:17 some times it's 18:10 etc.
    Last edited by tra; 22nd Dec 2018 at 14:21.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I was wondering how to reformat this code to work with your batch converter.
    ffmpeg -i input.mkv -filter_complex "[0:a]silencedetect=n=-90dB:d=0.3[outa]" -map [outa] -f s16le -y /dev/null |& F='-aq 70 -v warning' perl -ne 'INIT { $ss=0; $se=0; } if (/silence_start: (\S+)/) { $ss=$1; $ctr+=1; printf "ffmpeg -nostdin -i input.mkv -ss %f -t %f $ENV{F} -y %03d.mkv\n", $se, ($ss-$se), $ctr; } if (/silence_end: (\S+)/) { $se=$1; } END { printf "ffmpeg -nostdin -i input.mkv -ss %f $ENV{F} -y %03d.mkv\n", $se, $ctr+1; }' | bash -x
    I got it from: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36074224/how-to-split-video-or-audio-by-silent-parts
    And the goal is to be able to use ffmpeg to spilt videos due to the silent parts. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you in advanced, and be blessed always
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, I'm afraid such complex code is not usable within this application.

Originally Posted by setsa View Post
    I was wondering how to reformat this code to work with your batch converter.
    ffmpeg -i input.mkv -filter_complex "[0:a]silencedetect=n=-90dB:d=0.3[outa]" -map [outa] -f s16le -y /dev/null |& F='-aq 70 -v warning' perl -ne 'INIT { $ss=0; $se=0; } if (/silence_start: (\S+)/) { $ss=$1; $ctr+=1; printf "ffmpeg -nostdin -i input.mkv -ss %f -t %f $ENV{F} -y %03d.mkv\n", $se, ($ss-$se), $ctr; } if (/silence_end: (\S+)/) { $se=$1; } END { printf "ffmpeg -nostdin -i input.mkv -ss %f $ENV{F} -y %03d.mkv\n", $se, $ctr+1; }' | bash -x
    I got it from: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36074224/how-to-split-video-or-audio-by-silent-parts
    And the goal is to be able to use ffmpeg to spilt videos due to the silent parts. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you in advanced, and be blessed always
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, this feature is in an early develpment stage, it provides only basic functionality. Regarding your issues:

- The sample m3u8 files I used work fine, but other similar formats may not work so well.
    - For the moment if you want to import multiple links, I would create a txt file with only one http url a line.
    - Only one http link can be pasted at a time.
    - Files are not re-encoded by default, mp4 or mkv is just the container to save the file. Regarding merging, in future releases it would be added.
    - M3u8 link duration comes from ffmpeg, so not much to do about it. I could in the future increase the time out lenght in case that has anything to do with it.

If you have a sample .m3u8 text file it may be useful.

Originally Posted by tra View Post
    I was super happy to find a software that supports m3u8 batch downloading...but there are a lot of problems.
    1. if i want to import m3u8 links from a .txt file every time I tried it doesn't recognize all the links inside.
    4.I can't choose just to have the files merged and not need to re-encode them to mp4 or mkv.
    5.when it verifies a m3u8 link a lot of times time it finds for video length is not stable...some times it's 18:17 some times it's 18:10 etc.
    Last edited by Eibol; 26th Dec 2018 at 09:03. Reason: Comment
    Quote Quote  
  11. Is there anyway of simplifying to work with the application?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    Hi, this feature is in an early develpment stage, it provides only basic functionality. Regarding your issues:

- The sample m3u8 files I used work fine, but other similar formats may not work so well.
    - For the moment if you want to import multiple links, I would create a txt file with only one http url a line.
    - Only one http link can be pasted at a time.
    - Files are not re-encoded by default, mp4 or mkv is just the container to save the file. Regarding merging, in future releases it would be added.
    - M3u8 link duration comes from ffmpeg, so not much to do about it. I could in the future increase the time out lenght in case that has anything to do with it.

If you have a sample .m3u8 text file it may be useful.

Originally Posted by tra View Post
    I was super happy to find a software that supports m3u8 batch downloading...but there are a lot of problems.
    Please tell me your email.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    I'm afraid I'm not aware of it.

Originally Posted by setsa View Post
    Is there anyway of simplifying to work with the application?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    I didn't see a way to post a new thread, so my apologies for introducing a new question.

I would like to know how to remove the first x seconds of a video and that last x seconds of a video from a batch of videos; without losing quality (re-encoding). I have managed to remove the first x seconds with the parms:

-ss 10 -vcodec copy -acodec copy

Since the videos in batch are of varible length, how do I remove the last x seconds of the video? Is it one step process or 2-step?

If someone could assist me with what I need to put into the FFmpeg Batch for Windows do take off x seconds from the beginning and x seconds from the end without re-encoding, that would be great. I know how to do this with just FFmpeg and FFProbe manually on one file at a time but not within this Batch program (which I like as I can drag and drop multiple files).
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, batch trimming from the beginning is possible, but from the beginning and the end such feature is not implemented yet in FFmpeg Batch.
    You could do it only one by one, with the trim video button setting duration manually.

For next beta or release I could add some sort of feature like the one you need.

Just keep in mind that trimming without re-encoding comes with some potential issues. Any trimming not matching the video keyframe interval can lead to unexpected results, like black frames or video corruption.

Originally Posted by nicmene View Post
    I didn't see a way to post a new thread, so my apologies for introducing a new question.

I would like to know how to remove the first x seconds of a video and that last x seconds of a video from a batch of videos; without losing quality (re-encoding). I have managed to remove the first x seconds with the parms:

-ss 10 -vcodec copy -acodec copy

Since the videos in batch are of varible length, how do I remove the last x seconds of the video? Is it one step process or 2-step?

If someone could assist me with what I need to put into the FFmpeg Batch for Windows do take off x seconds from the beginning and x seconds from the end without re-encoding, that would be great. I know how to do this with just FFmpeg and FFProbe manually on one file at a time but not within this Batch program (which I like as I can drag and drop multiple files).
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    Hello

First of all I love your app, I love it

How can I copy my original file's date and timestamp to my new encoded file?
    I tried the -map_metadata 0 parameter without any result.

Edit - Ok that command copied the original file's timestamp to my new file's metadata, but I would like to change my new file creation date. Can I do that?

Can you help me please?
    thanks
    Last edited by nzoli; 29th Dec 2018 at 03:31.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Eibol:
    Regarding the trimming of x seconds at beginning and x seconds off the end; using FFPROBE and FFMPEG without losing quality. This is the current Windows (BAT/CMD) file I'm currently using.

Code:
    @echo on

@REM FOR WINDOWS BASED OS
    @REM This basic CMD/BAT file is designed to live within the exact directory in which
    @REM the files live.  This is for simplicity.  It can be edited to do more.
    @REM

@REM SET MISC. VARIABLES USED IN SCRIPT
    @REM
    set _vFileType=mp4
    set _vTrimOffFront=8
    set _vTrimOffRear=10
    @REM MAKE SURE PATH TO FFMPEG.EXE and FFPROBE.EXE IS ACCESSIBLE VIA ENVIRONMENT SETTING

@REM CREATE EDITED DIRECTORY IF IT DOESN'T EXIST
    @REM  - Used to copy edited files using existing file names if user chooses to do so
    @REM
    if not exist .\EDITED mkdir .\EDITED

@REM DETECT PROBLEMS
    @REM
    dir /b | findstr "'"
    if %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 0 ( 
    cls
    echo !!! ERROR - FOUND APOSTROPHE !!!
    echo.
    echo     - Please remove characters from filename^(s^).
    echo.
    dir /b | findstr "'"
    pause
    exit
    )

@REM FOR LOOP TO EDIT FILES AND DROP IN TO .\EDITED FOLDER
    @REM
    for /f "delims=" %%g in ('dir ^/b *.^%_vFileType%') do call :proc_ProcessFiles "%%g"

pause
    EXIT

@rem    THIS IS THE END OF THE SCRIPT!  ANYTHING BELOW THIS IS A PROCEDURE USED IN THE SCRIPT ABOVE
    @rem    THIS IS THE END OF THE SCRIPT!  ANYTHING BELOW THIS IS A PROCEDURE USED IN THE SCRIPT ABOVE
    @rem   *******************************************************************************************************
    @rem   *******************************************************************************************************

:proc_ProcessFiles
    set _vFilenameTemp=%1

@REM FOR LOOP TO DETERMINE DURATION OF RESPECTIVE FILE AND THEN PROCESS SAID FILE
    @REM   Note: Output of FFPROBE gives decimal number for length of video, however this can't be used in CMD files--so, only the integer is saved.
    @REM         - If 1525.12524 is returned, then only 1525 is assigned to the variable.
    @REM
    for /f "delims=. tokens=1" %%h in ('ffprobe.exe -v 0 -show_entries format^=duration -of compact^=p^=0^:nk^=1 %_vFilenameTemp%') do set _vFileLengthTemp=%%h

@REM SET THE AMOUNT TO TRIM OFF OF THE END OF THE FILE. DETERMINED BY USING VARIABLES SPECIFIED AT BEGINNING OF FILE. 
    @REM
    :: echo %_vFilenameTemp:~1,-1%
    :: echo %_vFileLengthTemp%
    set /a _vFileLengthTemp="%_vFileLengthTemp%-%_vTrimOffRear%-%_vTrimOffFront%"
    :: echo %_vFileLengthTemp%

@REM DO CONVERSION OF FILE USING VARIABLES CREATED ABOVE
    @REM
    ffmpeg.exe -ss %_vTrimOffFront% -t %_vFileLengthTemp% -i %_vFilenameTemp% -vcodec copy -acodec copy ".\EDITED\EDITED-%_vFilenameTemp:~1,-1%"

GOTO:EOF
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, thanks for the comment. I don't think ffmpeg can change the output file creation date, however other utilities probably can, like this one for Windows:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/filedatech.html

I hope this helps.
    Cheers

Originally Posted by nzoli View Post
    Hello

First of all I love your app, I love it

How can I copy my original file's date and timestamp to my new encoded file?
    I tried the -map_metadata 0 parameter without any result.

Edit - Ok that command copied the original file's timestamp to my new file's metadata, but I would like to change my new file creation date. Can I do that?

Can you help me please?
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, I have added a "Start/end" checkbox for the trimming feature, you can download it here and give it a try (overwrite your existing executable file on your installation folder:

https://drive.upm.es/index.php/s/XfVMRfVoTo0SmMd/download

[QUOTE=nicmene;2538186]Eibol:
    Regarding the trimming of x seconds at beginning and x seconds off the end; using FFPROBE and FFMPEG without losing quality. This is the current Windows (BAT/CMD) file I'm currently using.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    Works perfect! I tried it on several batches of 10 or more videos of varying lengths. (Version 1.6.3.1)
    I used settings in the attached image.
    Thank you!

[Attachment 47701 - Click to enlarge]

QUOTE: Eibol Hi, I have added a "Start/end" checkbox for the trimming feature...
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Great. You can also just use '-c copy' as parameter for stream copy.

Works perfect! I tried it on several batches of 10 or more videos of varying lengths. (Version 1.6.3.1)
    I used settings in the attached image.
    Thank you!

[Attachment 47701 - Click to enlarge]

QUOTE: Eibol Hi, I have added a "Start/end" checkbox for the trimming feature...
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    I'll try that. I was trying to find where to support your work with a donation. Is there place to do that?

Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    That's very kind. There's no option for donations. This application is and will be free and open source.
    I started to develop it for myself and just noticed it could also be useful for others.

Maybe it's ok to accept some "complimentary donation", so I have added a link to the program wiki page for this purpose.

https://sourceforge.net/p/ffmpeg-batch/wiki/FFmpeg%20Batch/

Thanks for the suggestion and best wishes.

I'll try that. I was trying to find where to support your work with a donation. Is there place to do that?

Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    Last edited by Eibol; 2nd Jan 2019 at 12:16. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    New version 1.6.4

- Latest ffmpeg 2019 version, fixing bugs like an error using HEVC Quick Sync encoder in supported CPUs.
    - New "Start/end" checkbox for trim feature, to trim selected time from the beginning and the end of file.
    - Added chinese/japanese languages.

Fixed:
    - Bug adding m3u8 urls (only http/https links supported).
    - Bug in which sometimes ffbatch_test folder was not removed.

Updating from version 1.6.3.1 requires to uninstall it first.

Installer:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFbatch_setup_1.6.4_x86.msi
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFbatch_setup_1.6.4_x64.msi
    Portable:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFmpeg_Batch_1.6.4_Portable_x86.exe
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFmpeg_Batch_1.6.4_Portable_x64.exe
    Quote Quote  
  25. hello,
    I am using this very good software to encode files to HEVC, using NVENC on Xeon e3-1231v3 (4core with HT) and GTX1060 6GB
    It appears that ffmpeg dont using all available processing power...or how to call it
    CPU is used only around 20-30%, GPU 50-80%.
    Its like that even if I only encoding files, without any resize of picture. I cant find any relevant info on the net about what I can do to maximize encoding speed if possible.
    Threads count is set to 8, which is max in my case. Never set it to anything else.

Is there anything I can do about this? thx.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, since you are encoding using the graphics card hardware capability, the cpu usage is normal, no matter how powerful it is, since the gpu is doing the hard job.
    You can set decoding to "auto" to increase GPU usage or leave to none to increase CPU usage.

GPU usage varies depending on the video card and the selected parameters, like slower or hq presets, but usually those are the typical usage numbers I obtain doing some tests.

The number of "threads" below the third ffmpeg button is actually the number of files processed at once. Since your videocard is capable of processing two files in paralell, processing a higher number of files will not improve performance, and can even provoke errors.

https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-decode-gpu-support-matrix

Originally Posted by shiro100 View Post
    hello,
    I am using this very good software to encode files to HEVC, using NVENC on Xeon e3-1231v3 (4core with HT) and GTX1060 6GB
    It appears that ffmpeg dont using all available processing power...or how to call it
    CPU is used only around 20-30%, GPU 50-80%.
    Its like that even if I only encoding files, without any resize of picture. I cant find any relevant info on the net about what I can do to maximize encoding speed if possible.
    Threads count is set to 8, which is max in my case. Never set it to anything else.

Is there anything I can do about this? thx.
    Last edited by Eibol; 8th Jan 2019 at 14:58. Reason: correction
    Quote Quote  
  27. Hi,

if want to convert a video with -crf Option

Code:
    -sws_flags bicubic -filter:v hqdn3d=2.5 -c:v h264_nvenc -crf 28 -refs 4 -preset medium -profile:v high -pix_fmt yuv420p -r 25 -c:a aac -b:a 64K
    But the -crf Option ist not working, there is no error Message but the Option will not be used.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, -crf parameter is for libx264 (cpu encoding). To obtain a similar result you should better use -qp 28 instead.

Originally Posted by Libertyx82 View Post
    Hi,

if want to convert a video with -crf Option

Code:
    -sws_flags bicubic -filter:v hqdn3d=2.5 -c:v h264_nvenc -crf 28 -refs 4 -preset medium -profile:v high -pix_fmt yuv420p -r 25 -c:a aac -b:a 64K
    But the -crf Option ist not working, there is no error Message but the Option will not be used.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Hi,

in the meantime i have seen that h264_nvenc hat not implemented the crf Option, i have tried -qp Option, but that gives not the same Result as -crf (some files will be larger as the original)

So i tried libx264 with -crf Option but here the GPU encoding isnīt working.

With libx264 i get the following error

[Attachment 47970 - Click to enlarge]

With h264_nvenc i get the same error but without using cpu capabilities

[Attachment 47969 - Click to enlarge]

How can i use GPU encoding with libx264? Without GPU the encoding needs the double time.

I have a nvidia Quadro m1200 (GM107 Maxwell)
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

As you noticed, there is not a true constant rate factor mode in nvidia encoder, so -qp is the closest to that option. The gpu encoding is much faster but at a cost of being more limited in encoding options and less efficient in quality/size ratio. You can't have speed, quality and limited file size at the same time, and since gpu encoding is usually intended for real-time applications like streaming, speed is critical. That's why achieving a given crf (-qp) results in big files.

Libx264 uses only CPU, no way to use gpu with it. It provides better image quality at the same file size, with speed being the limiting factor.
    After some personal tests, and others I have checked comparing gpu vs cpu encoding, gpu quality/file size results are disappointing, I would not use gpu encoding for final archival purposes.

Originally Posted by Libertyx82 View Post
    Hi,

in the meantime i have seen that h264_nvenc hat not implemented the crf Option, i have tried -qp Option, but that gives not the same Result as -crf (some files will be larger as the original)

So i tried libx264 with -crf Option but here the GPU encoding isnīt working.

With libx264 i get the following error

[Attachment 47970 - Click to enlarge]

With h264_nvenc i get the same error but without using cpu capabilities

[Attachment 47969 - Click to enlarge]

How can i use GPU encoding with libx264? Without GPU the encoding needs the double time.

I have a nvidia Quadro m1200 (GM107 Maxwell)
    Last edited by Eibol; 4th Feb 2019 at 03:57. Reason: More information.
    Quote Quote