VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    https://youtu.be/eSTchwAF8kc?list=PLdZNFVCDo_1d6-7QtQaJvE5SrgoRQd5Rv

The video apparently has no problem and plays normally on youtube.

regards.
    Quote Quote  
  2. youtube-dl -f 22+140 https://youtu.be/eSTchwAF8kc?list
    =PLdZNFVCDo_1d6-7QtQaJvE5SrgoRQd5Rv
    Quote Quote  
  3. By the way, the link of the video is just https://youtu.be/eSTchwAF8kc, the rest is playlist information.

And by the way, the aspect ratio is totally wrong... (Unless it was made in a country where people have weird wide faces and an alarming obesity rate ?) Someone added large “letterbox” black borders to the original picture which was probably shot in 16:9 ratio, generating a wildly elongated 2.37 ratio. If you really want to download that from there, you may correct this by remuxing with a 4:3 flag (with MKVToolNix or MP4Box for instance), which won't re-encode and won't affect the quality, but you'll end up with a tiny 16:9 picture with extra “pillarbox” black borders on the sides when watching it on a 16:9 screen, unless you crop the current upper and lower black borders, which means re-encoding, thus further degrading the already lousy picture quality, and ending up with a cut logo dancing in the upper-right corner...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2a61&mv=m&id=o-AF3dZixQQN_KHrjfQuWAXN8BKgpf1FlpSmbLafXB2JYa&clen=91945798&keepalive=yes&c=WEB&ip.png
Views:	96
Size:	576.0 KB
ID:	47430

Name:	2a61&mv=m&id=o-AF3dZixQQN_KHrjfQuWAXN8BKgpf1FlpSmbLafXB2JYa&clen=91945798&keepalive=yes&c=WEB&ip.png
Views:	101
Size:	883.3 KB
ID:	47432

Views:	102
Size:	899.3 KB
ID:	47429

Views:	677
Size:	864.4 KB
ID:	47431
    Last edited by abolibibelot; 9th Dec 2018 at 09:21.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LZAA View Post
    youtube-dl -f 22+140 https://youtu.be/eSTchwAF8kc?list
    =PLdZNFVCDo_1d6-7QtQaJvE5SrgoRQd5Rv
    Its the same error. Could not find data blocks.
    Doesn't download.
    Can u explain a little abt the expression u posted?
    Thnx
    Quote Quote  
  5. I had no problem downloading the video with youtube-dl and a VPN set to Pakistan.

It took a minute or two to download ~42 minute, 184 MB, 1280x720 webm (VP9/Opus) video. As was pointed out, the aspect ratio is wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  6. This worked for me:
    Code:
    youtube-dl --proxy "103.48.25.202:8080" --no-playlist -f 18 https://youtu.be/eSTchwAF8kc?list=PLdZNFVCDo_1d6-7QtQaJvE5SrgoRQd5Rv
    If I didn't use
    --no-playlist
    then it would try to download 63 videos.
    Or you could use the url redirect to get the address to download just the one video.
    Proxy came from:
    http://spys.one/en/proxy-by-country/
    Link to video:
    https://mega.nz/#!sf4lQSoT!DJo5DmJs3w_5OV41EQSPm8c71baY4fCUiLctYORZ-3Q
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by abolibibelot View Post
    Thank you for pointing out those flaws in the aspect ration of the video. And also for suggesting measures to correct the aspect ratio. The methods you have advised will be quite useful to me for future in correcting aspect ratios. Yes, I know that the producers here are quite careless in maintaining the correct aspect ratio as they are not too concerned about video quality although this is an episode from a well known Tv soap opera and is watched by a large audience. But you can say people here are very unaware about video quality and the videos these tv channels put out on their youtube channels is quite crappy in terms of resolution also, not only aspect ratio. You would be aghast to see what kind of crappy quality they post, sometimes its barely 360p. But people on the other hand are also not too bothered so nobody seems to care about quality at all.
    But thanks a lot for the detailed advice.
    Quote Quote  
  8. By the way I played the video directly in SMPlayer (Open > URL), from France, with no proxy / VPN, and it can correct the aspect ratio during playback (Video > Aspect Ratio > 4:3) ; but it doesn't seem to have a crop option. VLC Media Player has both settings, but it won't play the video directly from the link. (I didn't even try opening it in the browser – I always dread spending 5 hours straight on YouTube when I just wanted to watch a single video ! One night, some years ago, I started watching a video of a cute kitten, then went on to get trapped for a massive two days binge watching session, stumbling upon quite horrifying things along the way, like videos about serial killers...[*]) So once you downloaded the video, you can get a decent-ish looking picture with no conversion needed by playing it with VLC and just as it starts, changing aspect ratio to 4:3 then cropping to 16:9 ; then you should be able to view it in full screen without black borders, with no need for further processing (and indeed with such a low level of quality it's not worth the time it would take to convert those videos with proper settings, as this GIF image I found the other day on that thread aptly illustrates).

[*] I recounted the experience as a comment for this brilliant song :
    « My worst YouTube-Walk ever (I thoroughly verified all this by checking a Firefox profile backup from that period with NirSoft's FirefoxHistoryView) : on August 27th 2011, 5:00 PM, I began watching videos of cute cats (talking cats, silly cats, horny cats, sad cats...) ; then watched a girl who took a photo of her pretty face every day for several years (cool and cute – I kept the video but it's no longer online apparently) ; then all of a sudden I was caught in a web of live suicide footage (“she takes a photo every day : 4.5 years” => “She learns about her daughter's death on live TV” => “Suicide in a live TV program in Italy”) ; went on to watch sexy female athletes (“13 year old girl commiting suicide MSNBC” => “Accident at a TV show” => “Why athletes should wear pants” => “Very cute track female athlete”...) ; spent the night watching mostly french TV footage, athletes doing impressive bodyweight performances, and sorta sexy but mostly excruciatingly stupid videos... went to bed around 7:30 AM after watching a bunch of big-boobed girls talking nonsense (those are still online, apparently they're none-the-wiser all those years later : http://youtu.be/dBtcTzG-bno ~ http://youtu.be/frS2-ewj-u0) ; woke up around 2:30 PM, got back to it right away, spent another whole afternoon and evening watching TV footage from the USA containing words like “awkward” or “insane” in their titles, and a slew of random weird videos containing words like “p*nis”, “pu*sy”, “sp*rm bank” in their titles ; it got a little more cultural later in the evening, with cinema stuff (interviews with Robert De Niro, Dustin Hoffman, Al Pacino, Martin Scorsese...), but then I took a wrong turn and ended up watching a whole series of “Best Death Scenes” videos, which brought me to lists of most brutal / disturbing movies of all times (like “top 10 of the sickest and most violent movies ever made”) ; then I took a break, searching “kate lost bikini” on Google, which soon brought me back to YouTube watching scantily clad Evengeline Lilly – and then at 1:18 AM I did the inconceivable : I typed “sex” in YouTube's search bar... but, I don't know why (probably suggestions based on my earlier “sick and disturbing movies” binge-watching), the first thing I clicked on was “Final scene of Salò”, the Pasolini movie (which is so sick that to this day I couldn't muster the courage to watch it beyond the 1-hour mark), then I got lists of horror movies, I discovered that atrociously fu*ked-up thing called “A Serbian Film” (that one I watched in its entirety – I was kinda laughing at the end, and feeling guilty about it), and next, at 2:00 AM, I clicked on “Charles Manson's Epic Answer”, then spent a good part of the night watching interviews with or documentaries about serial-killers (the aforementioned Charles Manson, Susan Atkins, Aileen Wuornos...), then tried to go back (“Kate, we have to go back!”), found more of those “brutal death” scenes, more talk about “A Serbian Film”, read the Wikipedia article about “A Serbian Film”... after which, I don't remember why, I went straight to the Jean-Luc Godard's “Hail Mary” article, read a few more articles about cinema, and went to bed around 7:00 AM on August 29th 2011... »
    Last edited by abolibibelot; 14th Dec 2018 at 12:23.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yesterday morning I was able to access the video (via browser and youtube-dl) from the USA without a VPN. Later in the day I could no longer access it in the USA, I had to use a VPN (both Pakistan and Australia worked). This morning I can access it again without the VPN. Strange...
    Quote Quote