VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Strange. But when I hit start to start the encode it only takes around 1 sec!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. with the version I just uploaded?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yeap with this one too.
    Uploaded the 2 log files for ya.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Am I doing something wrong??
    Is a guide for it anywhere yet?
    Quote Quote  
  5. - Audio isn't MPEG-2/4 AAC with ADTS
    Error importing /var/folders/p3/wz4vwfmn6qld7qsyfh0k1xx00000gn/T/MythBusters - 10x03 - Square Wheels DELAY -43ms__aid_1__16_37_08_771_02.aac#audio: BitStream Not Compliant
    Okay, that's a totally new one, I never had that!

Seems like the output ffmpeg produces is not aac, call looks fine,..
    Code:
    "/Applications/Hybrid.app/Contents/MacOS/ffmpeg" -threads 4 -y  -i "/var/folders/p3/wz4vwfmn6qld7qsyfh0k1xx00000gn/T/MythBusters - 10x03 - Square Wheels DELAY -43ms__aid_1__16_37_08_771_01.mp3" -ab 128000 -ac 2 -ar 48000 "/var/folders/p3/wz4vwfmn6qld7qsyfh0k1xx00000gn/T/MythBusters - 10x03 - Square Wheels DELAY -43ms__aid_1__16_37_08_771_02.aac"
    -> WTF!?!

Going to do some tests,.. I'll report back in a short while.

Code:
    [NULL @ 0x10184a600] Codec is experimental but experimental codecs are not enabled, see -strict -2
    didn't know aac was still considered experimental in ffmpeg (I did know it wasn't the best aac encoder but this,..)
    -> have to check a few things,.. and probably start building ffmpeg myself,.. :/

seems like (only on mac) you have to add: '-strict experimental' to the command line to use the ffmpeg aac encoder,.. (going to upload a new version of Hybrid which does that,..)

Cu Selur
    Last edited by Selur; 6th May 2012 at 15:49.
    Quote Quote  
  6. btw. if a mod/admin reads this: would be a nice feature if the upload function of the forum could show some sort of progress indication,...
    (or play a tone if it's finished,.. when uploading a rather large file, waiting without any progress indication is really annoying)

Cu Selur

Ps.: will upload the file to my site and send you a link,.. attaching it to this post just failed,..
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Downloading it right now. Just got home, went out to eat. Going to try it in a few minutes and update you then.

Update: Audio extracted and compiled with no issues. Going to try a full audio and video encode.
    Last edited by Cabal2000; 6th May 2012 at 17:22.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Audio extracted and compiled with no issues.
    NICE!

Going to try a full audio and video encode.
    okay, since it 12pm over here, I'll probably go to bed soon. Will check tomorrow morning if everything went fine and I can release a new public version or if I have to go for a bughunt again
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Audio extracted and compiled with no issues.
    NICE!

Going to try a full audio and video encode.
    okay, since it 12pm over here, I'll probably go to bed soon. Will check tomorrow morning if everything went fine and I can release a new public version or if I have to go for a bughunt again
    Hey man it worked great!!!!
    One thing that I would like to see changed would be some defaults.
    Exp... Iphone, Appletv, Ipad presents. Or if you choose X264 as the video handler then aac is the default audio, if you doing Xvid then mp3 is your default audio handler. Or something like that if you know what I mean.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I know what you mean, it's on my general to do list for quite some time, problem is I really don't have the time to collect all the data necessary for it. like what is allowed and what not on which device, so Hybrid can stop the user from using values that are not compatible with his device selection,..
    Last time I started and stopped my efforts when there was a lot of talk about x264 getting a '-device' option for a bunch of devices, so doing the work double seemed to be a bad idea at the time.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Got ya man!! One thing at a time.
    For now I will keep on testing different configurations and see what I get.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    btw. if a mod/admin reads this: would be a nice feature if the upload function of the forum could show some sort of progress indication,....
    That's a browser issue.
    Use Chrome on Mac -- problem solved.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  13. That's a browser issue.
    Use Chrome on Mac -- problem solved.
    Good to know, will do. Thanks for the info.
    Quote Quote