VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Image
    [Attachment 58210 - Click to enlarge]

I get this error when ripping/compressing an audio CD file.

When I run "External Compressor Test" it works and this is the command-line: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lame MP3 Encoder\lame.exe -V0 "etmp!)(0(.wav" "etmp!)(0(.mp3"

I'm not sure why %source% and %dest% aren't used and where the "etmp!)(0(.wav" and "etmp!)(0(.mp3" are coming from. I tried different entries into the "Additional command-line options" but those weird file names keep showing up in the command-line.

I reinstalled EAC and Lame and went through the Configuration Wizard but I keep getting this strange error which I never had before (it's been many years since I used this program).

Any ideas? Thanks.
    -Shimon
    Quote Quote  
  2. And just to clarify, here is a screenshot of the options page and the results (no error) after the test. The weird text I posted above came from the command-line used in the test. So I assume the "LAME MP3 Encoder" parameter scheme is the issue?

[Attachment 58211 - Click to enlarge]
    -Shimon
    Quote Quote  
  3. And I tried changing parameter scheme to "User Defined" and used a command-line sample from this guide: https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=EAC_Compression_Options#External_compression

But I get that same error.

I've read through that Wiki but I feel like I'm missing something fundamental.

[Attachment 58212 - Click to enlarge]
    -Shimon
    Quote Quote  
  4. OK. Figured out the problem. Apparently LAME doesn't like writing to my NAS. I changed the output folder to a local drive and it works.
    -Shimon
    Quote Quote