VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys, I'm trying to do something I thought that wouldn't be too hard but I can't seem to find the proper way to do it.

I have a Japanese movie with English subtitles, but the blu-ray rip also has an audio track for english music. The issue is that the subtitles include the english translation of the songs when I only need/want the japanese subbed. Using subtitle edit, I can easily delete all of the images that I want gone, but then Subtitle edit just saves it as a .srt and loses all of the data. I can't find a way to just edit the .sup file directly and delete the few unnecessary subtitles without converting the entire thing to a .srt and then removing them.

Any help would be much appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Subtitle edit lets you save subs as sup as well,its in the settings and menu.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You will need the latest beta for that: https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subtitleedit/releases/download/3.5.18/SubtitleEditBeta.zip
    Use File - Import - Blu-ray (.sup) subttile file for edit... here you can delete lines and re-save your .sup file (with original positions).

Edit: You can also export from the OCR window, right-click in the list view and choose Export... but positions will be re-made.
    Last edited by Nikse; 10th Feb 2021 at 02:30.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you so much!

Use File - Import - Blu-ray (.sup) subttile file for edit... here you can delete lines and re-save your .sup file (with original positions).
    This worked perfectly for me, the .sup file I have now is exactly what I wanted. My issue now is that I just can't seem to get MKVtoolnix to properly merge it with the original file. I removed the unnecesary audio tracks and set the proper ones to default and forced, so the multiplexer is working correctly but for whatever reason I can't get my edited .sup to appear.

In my input, I have the original mkv, I drag in my new file, select "append" to existing, and then deselect all of the subtitles that I don't need. But everytime it finishes multiplexing, my sub either isn't there or is blank when I select it.

edit: figured it out, had to add, instead of append. Thanks!
    Last edited by agastopia; 12th Feb 2021 at 01:50.
    Quote Quote