VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Will using the Pioneer fix make the DVD all weird on players that DON'T exhibit this problem, or is it just an extra step that you otherwise would not need to waste time doing?

Basically, I want to burn a DVD... one for me (Pioneer) and another for my friend (Sony). I need the fix, he doesn't. Will the same image work for both of us?

- Gurm
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Gurm
    Will using the Pioneer fix make the DVD all weird on players that DON'T exhibit this problem, or is it just an extra step that you otherwise would not need to waste time doing?

Basically, I want to burn a DVD... one for me (Pioneer) and another for my friend (Sony). I need the fix, he doesn't. Will the same image work for both of us?
    I have a Pioneer 525. I made a test DVD and had several friends try on their:
    APEX
    Sony
    Panasonic

NO PROBLEM!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. Good to know.

How much longer will it take? I find that it takes anywhere from 30-60 minutes (depending on the number of SVCD's and how I encode the audio) to do it now... the readme says "much longer". Is much longer like 3 hours or like another 30 minutes?

- Gurm
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Gurm
    How much longer will it take? I find that it takes anywhere from 30-60 minutes (depending on the number of SVCD's and how I encode the audio) to do it now... the readme says "much longer". Is much longer like 3 hours or like another 30 minutes?
    The one time test that I do remember was for 2 SVCD's converted using the Header Fix to 3.2GB DVD. The time was approximately 1 hr 15 minutes on a AMD XP 2200.

Now Chrissy likes to brag about his P4 doing it in half that time but I don't believe it
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Ok so about double then. My 1800+ takes about 40 minutes to do 2 SVCD's... 1'5" to do 3.

- Gurm
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Gurm: the whole process duration is doubled if you apply the sde fix?
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Oh! I don't know, I haven't tried it yet. I'll be setting one runnning before I leave for the afternoon, so when I get back I'll post and let you know.

LAST time, I encoded:

3 x 700+MB SVCD, 480x480+MP2 sound @ 44khz

to

1 x SVCD-DVD, AC3 sound @ 48khz

Of course the sound didn't work, and neither did the picture. D'oh! But it took 59 minutes to complete.

I'll post how long it took to encode to:

1 x SVCD-DVD, MP2 sound @ 48khz

And then we can calculate the discrepancy in audio encoding time and figure out the % gain from doing the headers.

- Gurm
    Quote Quote