VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Is it possible to remove a single channel from a 5.1 ac3 file? I have a file I would like to remove 1 track (probably centre track) from the file. Im not worried about the output being 5.1 or 2Ch or whatever, long as it is not Mono I don't really mind to much
    Im sure someone told me it could be done with Canopus Procoder, but I have not found the option.
    Any tools that can be suggested would be great, also maybe a brief guide on what to do, in case I get stuck, hope thats' not to much trouble.

Thankyou in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You can demux the audio from the video and use BeSweet's "6 Waves" output. That's how I do it. You'll need BeSweet GUI as well.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    An easier way to do that is with audacity with the ffmpeg addon and export as ac3 and deselect the center channel and save.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i gave besweet a try but couldn't find the 6wave option mentioned. i will have a go with audacity when i get home and see if i have any luck i did already try importing the file into audacity earlier but it didn't work but that was without the addon mentioned so hopefully that will be the case
    thanks for taking the time to reply.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    An easier way to do that is with audacity with the ffmpeg addon and export as ac3 and deselect the center channel and save.
    Have to watch not to save as a mono track though. Be sure to mark tracks as left or right to get stereo output.
    press 'play' to test it first.
    Last edited by transporterfan; 21st Mar 2012 at 16:39.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Have to watch not to save as a mono track though. Be sure to mark tracks as left or right to get stereo output.
    press 'play' to test it first.
    You can export as 6 channel ac3 and disable the center,not as stereo since the op wants to edit the 5.1 ac3.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I know just a warning really. jonhso, I don't want to hijack the thread but can you answer me question while you're here?
    If I import 5.1 from an original source I get 10 minutes of silence added to the beginning of the track. Do you have any idea why that is?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The only time i had problem with ac3 files is that they were improperly encoded,when you load the file do you see 10 minutes of silence?If you do just delete that part.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yes I do. Exactly 10 minutes from an original .vob file. What you said sounds about right...it was the end titles only...wanted the soundtrack from the end credits. Forgot about that. Split .vob maybe. And yes did a silence scan and cut at the flags. All sorted. Thanks for the reply.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I seem to have done that successfully with Audacity Thanks very much for the guidance and tool advice
    Quote Quote