VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The DVD is in NTSC format.
    I extracted a video clip from the DVD and hardsubbed the video clip and converted it back to MPG format.
    Now I want to put it back into the DVD and replace the original one.
    I do not want to change the structure and menu of this DVD.

Is there a way to handle it?

thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You might have to define what you mean by 'clip'. If it's a PGC (a title) or a cell (a chapter of a PGC), then VobBlanker can do it by using its 'Replace' button. But rather than using the MPG you made, it'll need a DVD of that clip. Make one using Muxman.

PGCEdit can also replace PGCs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Many thanks, I mean a PGC.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I meet an problem in replacing, the PGC to be replaced containing 32 cells, while the replacing PGC contains only one cell.
    If there is a way to solve this problem?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by trasit View Post
    If there is a way to solve this problem?
    Yes, create it with 32 cells, like the original. Add them back in when using Muxman to create the replacing DVD. Cells can be extracted using either PGCEdit or PGCDemux. PGCEdit is faster. After opening the DVD, double-click on the video in question and hit the 'Celltimes.txt' button in the bottom center. Hit 'OK' in the new screen and Save it. In Muxman you load the Celltimes.txt in File->Import Chapter.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great, thanks. it works.

BUT, it seems that there is a bug in MUxman, when I use the Muxman with the exported cell times, the 32th cell includes not only the last few mins of the mpg, but also the whole MPG again, so the created DVD is twice the size of the original MPG.
    I also tried ifoedit to create a DVD, but the result is the same, the created DVD is twice the size of the original MPG.

So I have to add the ending frame number of the last cell manually in the cell. txt. Then use the Muxman to produce a DVD with a title with 33 cells. The 33th cell including the whole MPG, Then I blanked this last cell using vobblanker.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!