VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Many burning software keep nagging about the unknown end of the last track for CUE sheet files.
    How can I edit a CUE file to specify an end?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Marsia Mariner
    According to the file Cdrwin.hlp, no cue sheet specifies the "end" of the last track of a compact disc.
    So you'd better find and use only decent disc-writing software.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Don't know which software you're using, or how you have your CUE sheet set up, but there shouldn't need to nor shouldn't be an "END" specified. Look up CDRCue or CueMaster CD cuesheet editors, as they both put out legit cuesheets that any self-respecting burning app ought to support.

Doh, Marsia Mariner beat me to it.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TechLord View Post
    Many burning software keep nagging about the unknown end of the last track for CUE sheet files.
    How can I edit a CUE file to specify an end?
    The last track ends when there is no more audio data on the image file. Any burning software knows this, unless your image file ends before the begining of the last track as it is specified in the cue sheets.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  5. [QUOTE=Keyser;2510258]
    Any burning software knows this,
    Whoops, InfraRecorder and CDburnerXP do not, unfortunately. Linux burners not tested yet.
    Let's try ImgBurn and AnyBurn.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Let's also try showing your cuesheet, because I've never had any issues with CDBurnerXP, which makes me think your cuesheet syntax is malformed.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Let's also try showing your cuesheet, because I've never had any issues with CDBurnerXP, which makes me think your cuesheet syntax is malformed.

Scott
    I was mistaken.
    CDburnerXP does probably work with the CUEsheet, but fails on FLAC.
    Quote Quote  
  8. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    ...but fails on FLAC.
    That's most likely the source of your problem. General purpose burning software, like say Nero or even ImgBurn, only accept uncompressed audio. ImgBurn can in fact process compressed audio, but only if you have a suitable DirectShow decoder installed.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
    ...but fails on FLAC.
    That's most likely the source of your problem. General purpose burning software, like say Nero or even ImgBurn, only accept uncompressed audio. ImgBurn can in fact process compressed audio, but only if you have a suitable DirectShow decoder installed.
    No, CDBurnerXP fails on the FLAC.

InfraRecorder fails reviewing the CUE sheet due to unknown end.
    Quote Quote  
  10. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
    ...but fails on FLAC.
    No, CDBurnerXP fails on the FLAC.

InfraRecorder fails reviewing the CUE sheet due to unknown end.
    I feel we're chasing our own tails here. Unless you're ready to show us your cuesheet file (as Cornucopia already suggested), I don't think it makes much sense to continue this guessing game.
    Quote Quote