VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Is it possible to decipher the manufacturing year of my MDisc DVDR Verbatim made in Taiwan?

Search Comp PM
    You typically need the media id and the id string from the hub.
    Google is your Friend

3. MDisc Verbatim
    IDs: JF2007730E201 and
    15020200R0894B

Search Comp PM
    sorry, meant to include the link in my first reply.

Take a look here: https://club.myce.com/t/deciphering-the-manufacturing-date-of-your-media-with-pictures...mfgs/314571/12
    Last edited by Krispy Kritter; 4th Aug 2017 at 15:07.
    Google is your Friend

5. Of these 2 codes i posted what is the hub?

Search Comp PM
    I don't know. Which one did you read from the hub? The "hub" is the center of the disc near the hole.
    Google is your Friend

7. i have 2 codes

8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    mediafiles87 appears to be one of gamemaniaco's other user names.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329

9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    100% Gamey...he posted the same question and media code numbers in his digitalfaq.com post. He's here because Lordsmurf threatened to close his thread due to continual pestering for answers that were already given.

Whenever he posts here, I check digitalfaq and sure enough he's being ignored or warned there and comes here.

10. please respond my question not Do not matter my name

Search Comp PM
    Only one of them should decode using the Verbatim template
    Google is your Friend

12. my disc is mdisc verbatim made taiwan for ritek

13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mediafiles87 View Post
    please respond my question not Do not matter my name
    Your name does matter since you've been banned twice, once as gamemanico, then again as gamemanico2. You then returned as samus87 and switched to mediafiles87 when it was revealed that samus87 was really gamemanico.

You're already starting with your endless questions and I have no doubt that even if you were given the answer to your original question you'd try to turn this thread into one about the effect of light, heat and humidity on your discs. Which BTW you've already posted and has been answered numerous times on this forum and digitalfaq.com
    Last edited by lingyi; 12th Aug 2017 at 00:43.

14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @Krispy Kritter

There's something about the link that you provided (don't want to tip off 'you know who') that proves he didn't even try to follow your advice and download the program.

15. I tested the program but it asks for the year and I do not know and I also do not know what the id hub i have 2 codes.

16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mediafiles87 View Post
    I tested the program but it asks for the year and I do not know and I also do not know what the id hub i have 2 codes.
    Your discs were made after 2015, when Ritek began MDISC production for Verbatim. The correct decade 2010s
    https://www.storagenewsletter.com/2015/01/30/verbatim-to-resell-millenniata-archival-grade-m-disc/

Try both codes, one at a time.

Your discs were made by Ritek for Verbatim. Ritek is the correct choice for manufacturer.

The program is not perfect. The program cannot decipher all media hub codes. Sometimes the program will not find an answer or will give more than one answer.

JF2007730E201, Ritek, and 2010s yielded January 2012, which is not possible because Ritek did not start MDISC production for Verbatim until 2015. 15020200R0894B, Ritek, and 2010s yielded February 2, 2015, which is possible.

Your discs were made in 2015.

If you keep bumping your thread and asking questions that have already been answered, I will contact a moderator.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 13th Aug 2017 at 14:36. Reason: found correct date for Verbatim-Ritek MDISC manufacturing agreement

17. Verbatim and millenniata says mdisc dvdr verbatim has a durability of 1000 years, is it true or false? What's the truth?They tested with high humidity and temperature read errors

18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You already asked that question at digitalFAQ. Their answer was that tests showed that M-DISC is no better than regular Verbatim when exposed to high temperature and high humidity. You are not going to receive different answers here.

19. I wanted to calculate the average humidity and temperature for my home town to elaborate a life expectancy of mdisc dvdr verbatim

20. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Time for this thread to be closed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.