VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using the latest version of Nero to burn movies. The movies are perfect until the the last 30 minutes or so then I'll get a small amount of pixelation (what I call it) which progressively gets worse until after about 10 minute the movies just locks up. As I stated before, the movie plays perfectly for the first hour or so before this happens. Any ideas? Advice?

Thanx in advance for your efforts...
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like a dvd media issue. Try different dvd media, see www.nomorecoasters.com and www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia .
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Sounds like a dvd media issue. Try different dvd media, see www.nomorecoasters.com and www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia .
    I forgot to mention, I am using Verbatim DVD-R Inkjet printable...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You don't say which bit of Nero you are using to create the DVDs but for what it's worth I had the same problem when I was converting DivX movies to DVDs using Nero

But ONLY when I select the burner as the output.
    If I created the files on the Hard Drive and then used Nero to burn those (with verification) everything has been fine.

As Baldrik says itcould be media - it might be worth setting Nero to verify thedisk after burning.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Verbatim makes very high quality discs, so I think we can assume that media is not your issue. I'd suggest not using Nero. I use ImgBurn for all DVD burning and I've had really good results. I use Nero for data disc burning and making audio CDs and for rare, hard to do things like making an audio CD/VCD combo disc (I did that once for my brother), but Nero often seems to be a problem in making DVDs.

Here is a guide on how to make ISO images and burn them with ImgBurn:
    http://www.digital-digest.com/~blutach/pgcedit_guide/burning_with_pgcedit/burning_with...pgcedit_v2.htm
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanx all! Great feedback....
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Could it not be the old problem of filling the disc to maximum capacity reappearing its ugly head once more .

No more than 4.3gig .
    Some players are temperamental when laser is nearing the outer rim .
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanx....that could be it.....especially since it play perfectly until until the last 20 -30 minutes.
    Quote Quote