VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i used NeroVisionExpress before and it's very user friendly and produced playable DVD-R video (i did only 2).

however, i recently installed newer video software including avisynth and K-lite codecs and something changed. now when i import the first captured AVI video file (compressed with huffyuv), the PC temporally (several minutes) freezes with 100% CPU and LAV video in the icon bar. Then it works, but some AVI files create unspecified import error.

should i uninstall K-lite?

thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes and never touch codec packs ... k-lite has already made a mess of the system default filters

Grab a copy of filmerit and run it then File > Save As ... attach zip to post ... I'll compare it with my old xp sp2 with neroexpress so you can restore your systems filters to defaults ... lav filters is handy so if you need it download it separately.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bjs,
    many thanks. you were right, the filmerit showed a number of errors. please let me know if i should uninstall the K-lite and/or manually reinstall the missing/corrupted codecs or simply let the filmerit fix the registry for me?

BTW, i updated the specs of the capture PC in question:
    WinXP home SP3
    P4 2.6 GHz
    2GB RAM
    320+200 HDs
    bt8X8 PCI TV/capture card
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by friendly_jacek; 1st Sep 2015 at 07:25.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK i think i fixed it. like i said the offending part was LAV video decoder (there was its icon in the status bar when the CPU was pegged at 100%). I went to the LAV settings and unchecked decoding huffyuv. the problem went away.

now the question is, what is that LAV if i was fine without it and whether i should uninstall it or the whole K-lite altogether?

anyone?
    Quote Quote