VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have (2) VOB files I want to merge into (1) video file without losing the quality and without there being issues with the audio and video not being in sync. I just want to merge these fitness DVDs into (1) from each DVD I rip. That way each DVD will have (1) file that I need to click to play it instead of playing it in parts.

I am running windows 10 home plus I have DVD Shrink.

And I prefer free programs if there is one to help me with this issue thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Makemkv will output a single mkv file.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You're unclear. Do you have just one DVD that you ripped or are you looking to merge the contents from multiple DVDs "I just want to merge these fitness DVDs into (1) from each DVD I rip." into one?

In either case, as johns0 stated, go back to the disc and use MakeMKV which will properly remux (place into another container with no loss of quality or sync) the .VOBs into an .MKV

Or you could RIP the DVD into .ISO using DVDShrink and play the .ISO, most media players will open it directly. Since you're using DVDShrink, you can merge the contents of two or more discs into one .ISO. Though they may not playback continuously, stopping after each video depending on the media player.

If you want seamless continuous playback, convert your discs using MakeMKV and merge the .MKVs using MKVMerge into a single file.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had (1) DVD I ripped and it was in (2) VOB file parts. So I used the program suggest and merged them into (1) file without losing the quality. The program seemed to do the trick.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was wondering if I still need to original pieces from the DVD or can I delete them. Plus can I convert this file type into something else now that it is (1) video so I can place them onto a tablet or something. If at all possible. These are mostly exercise DVDs I plan to just place onto a flash drive but I do have the original season 1 of Lucifer I would like to rip and place on my tablet so I can watch it on there rather then needing to switch the DVDs and such. Is this file type able to be converted or do I just need to rename the file type. Or what is the best way to do this thank you.
    Quote Quote