VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, my first day on this forum and first post.

Is there a way to get my menu on the finished DVD to show what's on the menu preview as "titleselect1" instead of title?

The title just shows The name I gave the DVD and "Play \ Resume" and "Select Title".

the "titleselect 1" option under the title dropdown in the preview window shows an image of each video with the video name under the image. There is also a link with "Main Menu" below the movie images so you can go back to the top if you want. This is what I'd like people to see when they stick the DVD into a DVD player.

Is there a way to do that? It seems like an obvious choice as the main screen when people start the DVD.

Thanks,

Matt
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can edit a command in 'first play' and changing instead of going to that menu to link the other menu ... 'Edit command' -> 'Jump VMG PGC 2' ... with DVDRemake or PGCedit ..

[Attachment 53767 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 53768 - Click to enlarge]
    責任者-MDX
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there. Thank you for the response. It looks like you are using a different application than I am.

I am using DVD Flick 2. I was asking if there is a way to change the default DVD menu in the DVD Flick 2 application?

Thank you,

Matt
    Quote Quote  
  4. I doubt that dvdflick can do what you want ...

I am suggesting is that you load the dvd in any of the two programs in the image and make this small change in the commands of the 'First Play' ..

bye
    責任者-MDX
    Quote Quote  
  5. DVDflick is quite rigid with its very limited, not-well-designed menu options. But its probably the easiest to use DVD authoring app, which is why many of us still fall back on it years after it became abandonware.

You cannot do what you want within DVDflick itself: the DVD menus cannot be modified to work in any manner other than the default two steps to reach individual titles structure.

sekininsha gave an excellent suggestion of how you might be able to modify the menu functionality using another free/shareware app called PGCedt. That is a very very complex advanced piece of software, but as long as someone leads you thru the steps (as sekininsha does above), it can work wonders. To use it, create your DVD as usual with DVDflick but make sure you have the output option set so it creates a "dvd" folder with VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders inside. Start the PGCedit app, and use its file>open menu to locate this VIDEO_TS folder. After it loads in the PGCedit window, follow sekininsha's illustrated instructions to try and modify the default DVDflick menu so that it automatically runs the second stage menu with title and thumbnails, instead of loading the first "Play Or Select Title" screen.

Save the changes in PGCedit. Open the VIDEO_TS folder, and remove/delete the added folder "PGCedit Backup". Now you can burn a DVD of the VIDEO_TS, and the menu should open the way you prefer.
    Quote Quote