VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there,

I'd like to merge several mkv files into one. A few of them contain forced subtitle, which editing programs such as Virtual Dub and Avidemux don't seem to handle. I therefore thought I might as well hardcode the subtitles into these files, so they should appear once merged with the others. However, I haven't been able to work out a way to burn the subtitles without having to go through the full process of format conversion with programs such as HandBrake. I tried MKVToolNix (which, supposedly, should contain this function from MKVMerge), and other methods suggested online, but so for, no good...
    Please help...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Burned in subs implies a re-encode because the subs become a part of the video stream itself
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does just setting the subs as 'forced' in MKVToolnix not work out?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Multiplexing the mkv file in MKVToolNix with the subtitles set as forced doesn't seem to produce a file that would include subtitles when edited in VirtualDub, no.
    Quote Quote  
  5. These are forced subtitles that cover all of but 2 minutes out of a 60-minute-long file.
    Is there some tool that would re-encode only these 2 minutes, while leaving the rest of the file alone?
    Quote Quote