VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Look at these pictures and you will understand my question well.
    [Attachment 53266 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 53267 - Click to enlarge]

First is Arabic, it is read from right.
    The second is English obviously.
    the two pictures are subtitles in SUP format.
    when I play a bluray disc on my bluray player it appears like the top pictures.
    I want to know that how they have done it. The alignment to the right for arabic and english to the left.
    ---------------------------------------
    and when I play the video and the subtitile is srt, it comes like these... I don't want it like these...
    [Attachment 53268 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 53269 - Click to enlarge]

so how to do it. and i wanna know that the problem is the srt format or not. and I tries ass and even that comes wrong. and I tried alignment to the right for arabic in Aegisub but it doesn't work, it appears in k-lite to the very corner of the screen, like this...
    [Attachment 53270 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 53271 - Click to enlarge]

I don't mind if the outcome ended to be other than srt.
    Last edited by waelmohammed; 11th May 2020 at 12:14.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Blu-ray subtitles are subpictures, stored as graphics. Positioning and alignment of the text are done by the software that creates the sub-pictures. The player can't change the way the text is aligned (justified) or the position of lines relative to each other.

For SRT subs, some players can control text justification and position within the frame, as well as the color, size, and font used to display all of the text. However, all the text in the subtitles will be treated the same way. PotPlayer is one example of a player with extensive positioning controls for SRT subtitles.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 12th May 2020 at 13:22. Reason: edited for clarity
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use SST subs because they are supported by the TVs and Blu-ray players that I sometimes use to watch videos. ASS and SSA subs aren't supported so I haven't used ASS or SSA subs myself and have no previous experience with Aegisub.

Today I downloaded Aegisub and briefly looked at Aegisub's Style Editor window. The Alignment controls on that window determine where the text is located on the screen. For example, the "3" button places the text in the bottom right corner of the screen, the "2" button centers the text at the bottom of the screen and the "1" button places the text in the bottom left corner of the screen. None of the controls on Aegisub's Style Editor window affect the left/right justification of text (the alignment of the lines of text relative to each other).

I suspect that you are correct that ASS subs don't provide any way automatically do right/left/center justification for text. The help page for Aegisub's Style Editor window says: "Do note that there is no such thing as a justified alignment; this is a format limitation." You might be able to justify each line manually using the "Set position" tag, but that would entail a lot of work. See http://docs.aegisub.org/3.2/ASS_Tags/#setposition
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 12th May 2020 at 13:17. Reason: Edited for clarity
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank for all of you who answered.
    Okay. I have finally got it.
    I downloaded the beta version of Subtitle Edit and there was an option for right justify in bluray sup.
    now I wanna delete this topic. how to do it?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by waelmohammed View Post
    thank for all of you who answered.
    Okay. I have finally got it.
    I downloaded the beta version of Subtitle Edit and there was an option for right justify in bluray sup.
    Why would you want to delete the topic? The idea of the forum is that it creates
    a record - this helps other users in the future
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by waelmohammed View Post
    Only the moderators can delete an entire topic, and it is rare for them to decide that is warranted.

You can delete the text in your posts but I don't recommend doing that. A few years back somebody got mad at the forum and deleted all the text in his thousands of posts but the site administrator just restored it all to maintain a record of the complete threads for anyone seeking help in the future.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Last edited by ShellingFord; 20th Dec 2021 at 21:44.
    Quote Quote