VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a good DVDRip example about the "superb.vob",but I don't know how the ripper deinterlacing it.
    I want to rip a same quality file,but I didn't succed after tried a lot of deinterlacing methods.
    So I ask for help sincerely,please!

https://files.videohelp.com/u/245858/superb.VOB

https://files.videohelp.com/u/245858/superb-DVDRip.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by hintlou View Post
    I have a good DVDRip example about the "superb.vob"...
    No, you have a very bad DVDRip example. The person that created it didn't know what he was doing.

However, like a lot of music videos, it's difficult. There's progressive 29.97fps parts and hard telecined parts. Plus, it was edited as video and there are a lot of orphaned fields. You have three choices. You can just bob it with something like QTGMC, you can field match it with TFM, perhaps using QTGMC as the post processor, or you can IVTC it, with the understanding that the 29.97fps parts will lose unique frames. Take your pick. Since most of it is hard telecined, I might IVTC it. But it's a close call between that and just bobbing it. The last thing I would do is use a blend deinterlacer on it as in the MP4 sample
    Quote Quote  
  3. Remux the superb.vob with mkvtoolnix gui to superb.mkv first.
    Then use my smart FFmpeg gui, and change the videotrack (0) from superb.mkv as follow: crop: left 24, width 696, height 480, top 0, target size width 696, height 480, 29.97 FPS, encoder x264, CRF 18, AR 4:3, check deinterlace.
    Finally remux with the original 448k 2ch ac3 audio track (for better sound). The result seems acceptable to me.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/395425-New-small-GUI-for-FFmpeg
    Last edited by ProWo; 27th Feb 2020 at 09:20.
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's the same crappy blend deinterlacing used on the other videos you asked about.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/395962-Add-blur-to-cover-the-video-defect-in-ripping#post2574794
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    It's the same crappy blend deinterlacing used on the other videos you asked about.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/395962-Add-blur-to-cover-the-video-defect-in-ripping#post2574794
    I tried Blend deinterlacing,field bob and IVTC of VirtualDub2,but they don't deinterlace well.
    IVTC can deinterlace the picture well,but the subtitles is still deinterlaced.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can QTGMC it,but the color will be changed too much after QTGMC deinterlaced.
    SO QTGMC is my last method.I won't use QTGMC as far as possible.
    Quote Quote  
  7. QTGMC doesn't change colors.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yes, the color does not change with QTGMC

The other option is to make it VFR ; ie. mixed 23.976p, 29.97p . Each section runs at proper framerate. You keep the smoothness, but it's not a blurry mess like blend deinterlacing

(If you really needed to, you can process the text differently than main picture quite easily, since it's in the letterbox area. But you should not need to)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    (If you really needed to, you can process the text differently than main picture quite easily, since it's in the letterbox area. But you should not need to)
    What's the meaning of "process the text differently than main picture quite easily, since it's in the letterbox area. "
    It seems like a skill I never learned.
    Could you tell me the detail,please?Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by hintlou View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    What's the meaning of "process the text differently than main picture quite easily, since it's in the letterbox area. "
    It seems like a skill I never learned.
    Could you tell me the detail,please?Thanks!

You can filter them differently if you needed to. Top and Bottom. Then recombine using StackVertical
    Quote Quote  
  11. Crop the text to it's own stream which you filter differently, then overlay it back on to the fully processed video:

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("superb.d2v") 
    original = last

text = Crop(0,424,720,28).ConvertToRGB().RGBAdjust(r=0.0, g=1.3, b=0.0).ConvertToYV12()
    blur = BinomialBlur(5.0) # blur main video
    Overlay(blur, text, x=0, y=424) # overlay sharp green text

StackHorizontal(original, last)
    Here I've blurred the main picture but kept the text sharp and turned it green.

Original on left, processed on right:
    [Attachment 52195 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Crop the text to it's own stream which you filter differently, then overlay it back on to the fully processed video:

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("superb.d2v") 
    original = last

text = Crop(0,424,720,28).ConvertToRGB().RGBAdjust(r=0.0, g=1.3, b=0.0).ConvertToYV12()
    blur = BinomialBlur(5.0) # blur main video
    Overlay(blur, text, x=0, y=424) # overlay sharp green text

StackHorizontal(original, last)
    Here I've blurred the main picture but kept the text sharp and turned it green.

Original on left, processed on right:
    [Attachment 52195 - Click to enlarge]
    thanks! I processd the subs successfully!
    but I couldn't find out the team's deinterlaced method for the main picture.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by hintlou View Post
    But I couldn't find out the team's deinterlaced method for the main picture.
    Why would you want to ruin your video like that?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by hintlou View Post
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    No, you have a very bad DVDRip example. The person that created it didn't know what he was doing.
    All these posts and you've learned nothing? Here at videohelp.com we like to think we help people to make better videos. You want to make your videos worse. Why should anyone help you to make trash? Come back when you want to learn to make better videos.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All these posts and you've learned nothing? Here at videohelp.com we like to think we help people to make better videos. You want to make your videos worse. Why should anyone help you to make trash? Come back when you want to learn to make better videos.
    I'm sorry about that.In this case,I like the fluidity and color style of the teamrip version but I can't find out thier ways.
    I just want to know how they do that curiously.
    There ae many methods to do deinterlacing for a dvd source,
    Different methods can cause different picture.
    What I want to learn is not only deinterlacing correctly but deinterlacing to a interesting style I think.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I get a similar result as what I want with the code "TDeint(mode=2,type=5)",but something bad appeared.

Click image for larger version

Name:	QQ______20200404115649.png
Views:	191
Size:	263.4 KB
ID:	52588

Name:	2ND_ALBUM_BONUS_DVD_20200404_115730.491.png
Views:	201
Size:	275.0 KB
ID:	52589

Name:	2ND_ALBUM_BONUS_DVD_20200404_115603.348.png
Views:	183
Size:	378.2 KB
ID:	52590

I changed the code "TDeint(mode=2,type=3)",the bad things disappeared.
    What are their names?What cause this?
    How can I remove them when I insist on the code "TDeint(mode=2,type=5)"?
    Last edited by hintlou; 4th Apr 2020 at 00:22.
    Quote Quote