VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello!

It's very possible that has been answered before, but maybe my english is not good enough to find the answer in the search box, so I apologize in advance.

My problem is that I have a sub(.srt) that I cannot sync, because when I put the first line in the correct time the flowing ones get out of sync as the video progresses. To be clear, I'm using Subtitle Edit: Synchronization > Adjust all times, this way I fix all the lines at once.
    The only way I can sync the subs is by selecting: Video > SMPTE timing, but I guess this just adapts the video to the subs.

I checked the source video of the subs with MediaInfo and it says that the Frame Rate is 30.000 FPS (Constant), and in the other video that I want to synchronize the subs is 29.970 FPS (Variable). I don't know if this is the real problem and how can I fix it without having to do it line by line.

Another thing I can say is that I ripped the subs from mkv and I'm trying to sync to mp4, I don't know if this is a problem too.

Thanks for all the advice you can give me.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by 2nHxWW6GkN1l916N3ayz8HQoi View Post
    I tried all these options and none of them gave me the expected result, maybe I don't know how to use Change frame rate option properly.
    I tried using ffsubsync too. I had better results with it, but it is more difficult to correct imperfections.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Feels Good Man 2nHxWW6GkN1l916N3ayz8HQoi's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dopamina View Post
    I tried all these options and none of them gave me the expected result, maybe I don't know how to use Change frame rate option properly.
    I tried using ffsubsync too. I had better results with it, but it is more difficult to correct imperfections.
    If you are willing to upload somewhere the original mkv with the original subtitle in its container that works, and also the other video to which you want that extracted subtitle to work, I could try.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by 2nHxWW6GkN1l916N3ayz8HQoi View Post
    Originally Posted by dopamina View Post
    If you are willing to upload somewhere the original mkv with the original subtitle in its container that works, and also the other video to which you want that extracted subtitle to work, I could try.
    It won't be necessary, I found some common desynchronization behavior thanks to the waveform and I was able to fix them quickly without going line by line.

Thanks for your help!
    Quote Quote