VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I see a few people trying to play back the video streams via a media player without delays between.

This may be a newbie question concerning the above. (easy on the flames).

I have a HF20 and purchased a cheap 8G adata SDHC card class 6.
    All the video taken so far is chopped at 1.9G so I have a full card with 3 - 4 files instead of a continuous one.
    I understand the card is FAT32 so shouldn't the files be chopped at 4Gs?

I'm also concerned that perhaps this bargain basement priced SD card is not what it appears...
    I'm going to sit it on a tripod right now and record till it's full and see what I get.

Thank you for your time.
    Quote Quote  
  2. the brand of card doesn't determine what size the video is split at. the camera does that on it's own, and it would be the same for all cards. as long as the card is fast enough to write the data sent to it, as it appears it is, the card is fine.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for the reply.

Just to check, I formatted the SD with NTFS but the camcorder rejected it and posted "only initialize with camcorder".

So it was back to FAT32 and I let it shoot till it filled the card.

Results: 4 files each 1.99Gs... Guess this is normal and for some reason I missed this info in the reviews and forums.
    Hence, the threads of endusers requesting to "sew" them up and edit.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Interestingly enough, the A-DATA CL6 SDHC's are known to work well with the Canon AVCHD camcorders, in addition to other high end SLR's.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As long as it is a class 6 SDHC card it should be fine. Pretty much all camcorders have FAT32 support only thus that problem. 2Gig is the FAT32 limit in the USB Mass Storage Class so thus the 2G file splits vs 4Gig.
    Quote Quote