VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi folks, new the forum with a question I just can't find the answer to on the net. I have an Ezcap 1080p Hd Video capture Device model 2803201905 from amazon. I have been using it with a older 500gb USB hard drive with out any problems. I bought a Western Digital easy store 1TB 3.0 USB drive that works just fine on my PC, but not with the capture device. Everything hooks up fine, all light come on, including the red record light. The problem is, when I'm finished and hook the drive up to my PC the files had not been written to the drive. The only thing different in the configuration that I have been using is the new 1TB hard drive. The only thing I can think of is that the capture device may have a hard drive size limitation and will not write to a 1TB hard drive or possibly because the drive is usb 3.0. Does anyone know if this is true, or what else it can be.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Neither of your thoughts. If the capture device only supports usb 2 then the files will be written to the drive. Also a 1 TB drive should not be different in behaviour to a 500 gb one.

I can not specifically answer your issue but there should be info in the user manual/help when you swap a drive. Chances are that the capture device has not stored the characteristics of the new drive. But all capture goes to a specific drive letter and your system may have already used that letter elsewhere.

Also surely the capture device has a link to your PC ? One can not simply capture 'blind'
    Quote Quote  
  3. This is a is a stand alone capture device. The USB external HD or a USB flash drive will connect directly to the device and it will capture and save the mp4 files to the drive. I do not need to connect the device to the computer to use it. I only need to connect the hard drive or flash drive to the PC to edit. Problem is the device will not write to the new 1TB drive. Is there anyone who had this device and is using in with a 1TB drive?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. Read this

http://www.ezcap.com/article_read_476.html

When the external drive is connected to the PC check its format. ExFat is NOT supported but NTFS should be fine. You may have to reformat the drive.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The format is NTFS the same as my 500gb drive
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Think you already mentioned but check that you can write to the drive from the PC.

But do not just pull out the cable from the PC. Use the 'Safely remove hardware and media' option before unplugging and re-connecting.

Other than that.......
    Quote Quote  
  7. I always try to remember to safely remove usb devices from the PC. I don't think that is the problem. The link you sent about the make of the drive makes the most since, but I would still like to know if anyone else has had this issue.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well WD's are much more reliable than Maxtor and Seagate.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cybernaut View Post
    I always try to remember to safely remove usb devices from the PC. I don't think that is the problem. The link you sent about the make of the drive makes the most since, but I would still like to know if anyone else has had this issue.
    It is likely that very few here if any have your capture device.

Have you checked the partition style for the 1TB drive? An NTFS formatted HDD must be MBR partitioned to work with your device. To check the partition style see: https://www.howtogeek.com/245610/how-to-check-if-a-disk-uses-gpt-or-mbr-and-how-to-con...tween-the-two/
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 18th Aug 2019 at 14:05. Reason: clarification
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  10. The Mbr partition did the trick. Every thing is working great now. Just wanted let you guys know, I ask numerous Tech guys about this, including the geek squad at Best Buy and no ever mention the mbr partition. Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote