VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've checked the other threads about the AverMedia C027 and no one else seems to be having the same problem I'm having, so here it goes. I installed the drivers and AVer MediaCenter version that can on the disc from 2010, and the program wouldn't lunch, I tried it in every different compatibility mode, and it still wouldn't lunch. Then I uninstalled the program and drivers, and installed the newest version from the AVer site, and it still won't lunch. I tried using the card in VirtualDub, but it says that it can't connect to the drivers. Today I fingered out how to lunch Aver MediaCenter but it will only lunch when the drivers for my C027 are not installed; which doesn't do me much good. What I'm I missing? How can I get the drivers to be installed, and have the MediaCenter lunch at the same time. I'm running Windows 10 64bit on my machine. I would greatly appreciate any help with my problem.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you ever find a solution?

I just was forced to format my OS drive and re-load Windows 10 Pro 64... I used the C027 back in the fall just fine. Now when I tried to load the driver / software package I downloaded from http://storage.avermedia.com/web_release_www/C027/C027_AVerMCS_1.7.9.97.17090701_Drv_1..._Installer.exe I have a problem.

1. If I try to load the entire package, the OS locks up and is not repairable. I must re-install Windows by some means.
    2. If I only install the software without the drivers, the software runs but can't find the drivers.

So it appears Microsoft has done something in the latest build that has a conflict with the drivers package. I wish I knew what it was or I wish I could find a usable driver set! This card was awesome to use and I hate to toss it over some MS BS.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried running the driver installer in compatibility mode ?
    As Win 10 "evolves" this kind of problem will increase. Probably best to buy a used XP PC and
    just have it work
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry for the forever slow reply back. I pulled the video capture card and bought a USB style capture device. It's not the greatest... I wish I could somehow get the AV C027 to work with Win 10 .
    Quote Quote