VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by paintedblack View Post
    Do you think there is any better alternative to AJA Kona HDMI to record up to 4k 60 and LPCM multichannel audio (or AC3/EAC passthrough) ? I'm seriously looking into buy something and what's convincing me more unfortunately is this. I saw someone claiming a cheaper magwell could record multichannel audio but it gets rough to find the info. If I could spend less than the Aja Kona HDMI I would but, need that minimmums, perhaps 4:2:0 4k 30 would be enough but multichannel audio is not negotiable. Capable to record various 1080p inputs at a time is preferred also
    For what the OP trying to accomplish yes what I outlined above and bellow in this post is better than any other complicated and costly solution:

Broadcast compressed MPEG2 TS --> Free ATSC/DVR Box storing the exact same data unaltered --> Transfer to computer the same files unaltered with 5.1 audio and ready to be played by any player.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Just wanted to come here to say I have skydigital U6T HDMI (uses USB). You do have to tweak the BIOS for certain USB and unsigned driver issues but after that it works fine.
    It records AC3 and DTS and provides real-time bitstream out of sources from your PCs optical outs. It will not record 5.1 LPCM. It uses NVENC for accelerated h264 encoding and you can set min and max variable bit rates. At 20Mbps it takes about 3-6 megabytes a second on the disk. You can record to mkv or ts or avi and also encode MPEG2 or uncompressed video. However at a high but rate the h264 is so good I don’t ever record uncompressed. Can record any frame rate or resolution including 1080p24 native. The HDCp is also not limiting. It is a product that should not exist but does.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by scarbt11 View Post
    Just wanted to come here to say I have skydigital U6T HDMI (uses USB). You do have to tweak the BIOS for certain USB and unsigned driver issues but after that it works fine.
    It records AC3 and DTS and provides real-time bitstream out of sources from your PCs optical outs. It will not record 5.1 LPCM. It uses NVENC for accelerated h264 encoding and you can set min and max variable bit rates. At 20Mbps it takes about 3-6 megabytes a second on the disk. You can record to mkv or ts or avi and also encode MPEG2 or uncompressed video. However at a high but rate the h264 is so good I don’t ever record uncompressed. Can record any frame rate or resolution including 1080p24 native. The HDCp is also not limiting. It is a product that should not exist but does.
    They didn't exist for long. I think all of the Skydigital capture devices are now out of production. They used to be fairly easy to find on eBay but not anymore.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you considered TiVo Desktop to transfer your recordings to your PC?

https://tivo-desktop.soft32.com/free-download/?nc&dm=2
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by n8tvm View Post
    Have you considered TiVo Desktop to transfer your recordings to your PC?

https://tivo-desktop.soft32.com/free-download/?nc&dm=2
    I know for certain that end-user tried kmttg without success: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/392907-Is-there-a-lossless-video-capture-card-that...io#post2549562

Apparently the DirecTV TiVo units don't support TiVoToGo transfers.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 17th Jun 2019 at 22:29.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I think all of the Skydigital capture devices are now out of production. They used to be fairly easy to find on eBay but not anymore.
    I can shed some light on this. My friend is Korean and contacted Skydigital about a month ago. Yes, the U6T and U3.0 USB are no longer in production. Skydigital support confirmed that the Supercast T6 USB 2.0 is still in production and that they are currently working on a 4K capture card for future release. The problem with the Supercast T6 USB 2.0 for my purposes is that it doesn't do lossless video captures. I believe it does do AC3 captures though. Forunately for me, I was able to get my Skydigital U3.0 USB capture card working again, but I know it won't last forever, so I'm still quite interested in figuring out a sustainable way to capture lossless video + AC3 going forward.

Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I know for certain that end-user tried kmttg without success: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/392907-Is-there-a-lossless-video-capture-card-that...io#post2549562

Apparently the DirecTV TiVo units don't support TiVoToGo transfers.
    Yes, that's correct. kmttg can only transfer .tivo files from standalone Tivo units, not from DirecTV Tivo THR22 or earlier like I have. Also, Tivo Community Forum said it was not possible and I even called support at Weaknees, a big Tivo retailer, and grilled them about it and they said it's not possible. I even asked if I bought a Tivo standalone unit, could I somehow connect it to the THR22 and transfer the files that way, and they said no. When I connected my THR22 directly to my computer via USB, my computer didn't even recognize that the THR22 drive was connected. It was like it didn't exist.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by end-user View Post

Skydigital support confirmed that the Supercast T6 USB 2.0 is still in production and that they are currently working on a 4K capture card for future release.
    Thanks for posting this! I'm using a SupercastX6 for a few years and I'm quite happy with it. NO bluescreens (MSI Gaming 5, Windows 10), only minor issues. Since some people say the SkyDigital devices have been abandoned, I was thinking about getting a second card from Korea before they are sold out for good. So I can replace my card if it fails one day. But if there's a 4K capture card in the works I will wait and get this one instead if it also supports AC3 and DTS.
    Quote Quote